Office of Fair Trading and Copy of Signed Credit Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have noticed on quite a number of occasions that it has been suggested that the OFT should be notified where a DCA does not comply with the request for a copy o signed credit agreement.

I have looked on the OFT website and it says the following -

Contact us

The OFT cannot provide advice or assistance to individual consumers or traders

If anyone has wrote to these and had a reply please could you let me know.

Thanks

They don't reply, but what happens is they build up a profile of companies with a CCL and if they get enough complaints or enough similar and serious complaints, they can revoke their credit license.

TS is usually the best bet to get complaints resolved (when they can be bothered) but I personally think it's always good to inform the OFT so that they can get their profiles built up and get rid of the bad eggs.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

The FSA won't get involved unless you have been down the route of the company@s complaints procedure first, I'm afraid.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thanks for the reply both.

I have contacted the FSA re Aktiv Kapital and they said something about Aktiv not being 'covered by the rules and regulations of the FSA'. 'The business you detailed in your letter do not appear on the data base of the FSA and therefore would be out of our Jurisdiction'.

I thought that all financial institutions came under the jurisdiction of the FSA.

Thanks once again.

DCA's are covcered by the FSA - I think you should call again and try to speak to someone who has a brain cell.

Sorry - I've just re-read the posts (it's very early) - the FSA are correct, it's the FOS you need to get involved! (All these anacronyms can be very confusing).

Did your complaint with Activ first surface April 7th 2007 or before that date?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Also, ahve you gone through Aktiv's complaints procedure? If not, they will insist you do that first.

If your complaint (NOT AGREEMENT) originates after April 7th 2007 then the FOS is responsible for dealing with it (consumer Credit Act 2006)

• Haha 1

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies