Whoaaaa!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been trying to post a thread for days!! Thanks Crusher!

Anyway...........received my Small Claims pack today and have read through but now need to carefully read and digest.

I'm trying to list the charges in an orderly fashion (decided to do this because it highlights where the blideybuggers have jiggled the transactions round so they can apply more charges!)

Have decided that I need to do this right 1st time otherwise the blideybuggers will be putting their 2 fingers up at me again!

Wish me luck peeps ............cassie:confused:

Good luck..... go get 'em!:)

Libertie

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....

Best of luck cassie

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, calculated the amount and interest. Adds up to £1260 + £116.78 interest.

Thought I'd be nice and ring and speak to someone direct. What a joke! I was basically told that I'd gone against the terms and conditions of the account and should have been managing it better! When I mentioned the OFT report finding that the charges were excessive and therefore could be illegal, 'Paddy' stuck to his guns and said they charged everyone the same (don't you just hate being called 'madam')

So, after much discussion I was told to post to Trinity Road address. Here goes nothing...........cassie

• 4 weeks later...

Well folks, sent letter and received a reply. Surprisingly, they have offered £387.00 which are the charges levied since June. I'm going to push my luck and refuse. My offer will be £1020.00 - I am agreeing to pay £12.00 for each time I was over my limit as I think this is a fairer charge but I am NOT paying where they are at fault. I will accept this, without interest, provided they settle promptly. ............cassie

Why not accept the offer as partial settlement but tell them that you intend to pursue them in court for the remainder.

It'll give you some cash straight away.

And why pay £12.00 for each time you were over your limit. I don't think it costs £12 to send a standard computer-generated letter.

HBOS Plc - £9,954.65 Received partial settlement - Court 6/12/06 default removal / compensation / declaration

MBNA - Settled in full £2,377.33

Abbey National - MoneyClaim filed 26/06/2006 £883.90

Lloyds TSB - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £2,630.00

Egg.com - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £1,393.60

GE Money - Claim Filed 11/08/2006 £965.22

stu - i thought about doing that but thought that may prejudice the rest of the claim. Am I wrong?

I suppose I'm trying to show that I can be reasonable! (or a very stupid mare!) Think I'll reduce my offer to £6!............ella

I wouldn,t make your offer cassie.

Its a waste of time.(been tried)They wont take you serious until

you file the N1 Form.

You should go for the full amount plus interest.

Why should they have it?

Good Luck

pre lim letter sent 4/07/06

lba sent 18/07/06

N1 served 2rd Aug.

Paid in full Aug 15th

Checked account today 16th !!

I doubt you,ll get paid the part settlement either.Twice I asked for

this and nothing yet.

Just go for the full amount if I were you.

pre lim letter sent 4/07/06

lba sent 18/07/06

N1 served 2rd Aug.

Paid in full Aug 15th

Checked account today 16th !!

Hi, It looks as though you need to read through the FAQ and a few of the threads, its your money ALL OF IT dont compromise, by reading up you will see the reasons people are claiming the full amount taken by the banks in unlawful charges and you will confident to proceed. Read the step by step guide and use it, it is there for a reason.

Best of luck

Well folks, sent letter and received a reply. Surprisingly, they have offered £387.00 which are the charges levied since June. I'm going to push my luck and refuse. My offer will be £1020.00 - I am agreeing to pay £12.00 for each time I was over my limit as I think this is a fairer charge but I am NOT paying where they are at fault. I will accept this, without interest, provided they settle promptly. ............cassie

Cassie dont just refuse their offer you have to accept it as a partial settlement, claim the whole amount as well not the reduced amount you have got this far a few more weeks wont make that much difference

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.