Parking in a restrictred st.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was shocked to return to my car last night and find a penalty charge notice for "Parking in a restricted street during prescribed hours"

I am appealing on the grounds that at the time ( 20.40 ) I was parked on a single yellow line in Cricklewood,North London.

There were no visible signs saying that this was not permissible and I have a note on file from a policeman who was on patrol at the time who has corroborated this fact on file.

I have always understood that it is permissible to park on a single yellow line after 6.30pm and this was corroborated by the above mentioned police officer.

What are my chances of appealing this ticket.

Thanks.

Were you in a CPZ? The signs at the entry to the CPZ have the operative times. They are often to 7pm.

Post the PCN, it could be defective in other ways.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I have always understood that it is permissible to park on a single yellow line after 6.30pm and this was corroborated by the above mentioned police officer.

A single yellow line denotes no parking at the times of the zone or time plate it can be anytime just not 24/7 which would be double yellow lines it has never been as far as I can remember a legal requirement to end the restriction at 6.30. It could for example be 24 hrs a day mon-sat or 7 to 7 mon-sun.

How would I know if I was in a CPZ

A controlled parking zone with residents parking bays. At the boundaries there are signs that tell you the operation times.

How do I find the PCN?

It's the parking ticket.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.