Let Battle Commence!

nathorsburgh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:p Hello all. I am about to follow in your footsteps and begin the battle for my money back from both Nationwide and NatWest. When writing my letter requesting statements from the last six years, do you have any templates or tips to help me? Is it best to remain guarded about the reason for my request?

Many thanks and congratulations to all of you who have had success!

Welcome.

The best thing you can do is to thoroughly familiarise yourself with the whole process and various stages before starting.

The FAQs and step by step guide are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

As for being guarded, having received hundreds of identical lettters, I think even the banks have twigged by now

Any problems, post on your thread here.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 4th July 2006, a letter from Nationwide's Sam Orams, from the Data Protection Team wrote to me thanking me for my letter and acknowledging my request for my statements. The cheque has been cashed so the plot thickens ....

Good luck with your claim. Make sure you read the FAQ's so you know what to expect and what to do in return.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 3 weeks later...

I have today received my statements from the Nationwide with a letter from Susan Taylor. I have calculated that I am owed £481.87- cant believe how much those fines add up over the years. As a recent graduate it is much needed money so I moving straight onto the next stage and sending my first letter today. Is there a specific person or department that seems to respond to this better than others?Was not sure whether to choose Deborah Desborough in Member Account Servicing or Charles Bacon in Legal Compliance? Any suggestions would be grateful. Many thanks

I have today received my statements from the Nationwide with a letter from Susan Taylor. I have calculated that I am owed £481.87- cant believe how much those fines add up over the years. As a recent graduate it is much needed money so I moving straight onto the next stage and sending my first letter today. Is there a specific person or department that seems to respond to this better than others?Was not sure whether to choose Deborah Desborough in Member Account Servicing or Charles Bacon in Legal Compliance? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks

Send it to Deborah...she'll be used to them by now and will fire you off a bog standard reply letter!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....