Linked Address' on Credit Report

kiri260180
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had my credit report and on the Experian report I have about 10 million linked address' as I have moved around a lot.

Does this have a negative effect on my credit raing and if it does how do I get the removed? and how long should they stay on there for?

Thank you for any help with this - all three are so confusing - as they are all so different!

Subbing and Bump

I have a linked address on my report that was updated by my Mobile Phone Provider. I only wanted my bill posting to a temp address for a couple of months while I was working away and now its on my CF

So I too am interested in getting this removed. Also how long do they normally stay on there for

Exactly in the same position as you.

I was at uni and had quite a few abodes then went into bar trade and travelled the country - had no idea that they were going to list every single address on my credit file - my linked address' are four pages long - this cant be good - they also go all the way back to 1998!!

Any ideas anybody??

Okay,

I have done some further investigation and found these posts.

They do not really tell you how they affect your credit rating but there are stories about people having them removed and why they are on the file.

If anybody can tell us how they affect our credit rating - please let us know!

Links:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/114887-linked-addresses-previous-searches.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/93320-linked-addresses-experian.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/26326-credit-reference-files-question.html

No one can give you a definitive answer to this, because each lender can have a different system. Really, this is an indicator of how stable your life is, but it is relatively minor in my opinion - compared, for example, as to whether you own your property or rent, and previous conduct.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Have u tried speaking to the company u got the credit report for as they should be able to help u.

I had ones removed that were ova 6 yrs old by experian.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 5 months later...

Godmother any chance of putting the letter up please as mine are over 6 years old now and there isn't a template

page 13 says only 6 years

as long as you have an association to the addresses listed the address links will remain indefinitely

Information Commissioners Office:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documen...let_ 2005.pdf

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

I just rang them and said that the info was over 6 years old.

I was put on hold and then was told that the supervisor would speak to me in a minute and that was what i explained to the supervisor and he removed the addy.

that is also what happened when ever i reported to them that there was a error on my report. If i wanted to dispute anything all i done was ring them and they would dispute it on my behalf with the company.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

ok thanks will try that and see if it works:D

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

YW