• Tweets

• There are huge numbers of public sector employees using their own vehicles for work purposes.   The employers are not quick in offering to provide a works vehicle to use and instead ask their staff whether they have a suitable vehicle which they will pay the mileage expenses for.     At some point in the last year or so, there must have been an accident event involving an employee using their vehicle for work, where they did not have the correct Insurance.  Earlier this year Government departments issued instructions for line managers to check driving licences, Insurance documents, MOT certs, before they allowed anyone to use their own vehicles for work purposes.  There has always been a preference for staff to use public transport or to hire a vehicle.        
    • you've not dobbed yourself in as the driver so IMHO go radio silent now.   i have removed the link and external appeal letter text.   next even if outside of scotland do not ever appeal   DX    
    • So you decided to sell your estate car (which was perfectly suited to your personal/domestic circumstances) and replaced it with first a van and then a 4x4 to allow you to use your own vehicle for work?   Why did you never tell them to supply a works vehicle?  Why did you never tell them that it would no longer be possible for you to carry out your duties if they did not supply a suitable works vehicle?  If you work for a local authority I can't believe that they would not have supplied a vehicle if you'd just asked for one.  That's what you should have done before buying a van!   As others have said, I can't see that you are entitled to any legal remedy for a decision you made yourself.  But as someone else has said, nothing to stop you asking...
    • As dx says, being in Scotland gives you a great advantage.   When you wrote you'd appealed I feared you'd thrown that advantage away, as generally in an appeal motorists out themselves as the driver - but you didn't!   How did you pay for the items you bought?
    • Hi thanks a lot for answering! Here are my answers:   It is a PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   1 Date of the infringement 12/09/2021   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 17/09/2021   3 Date received 24/09/2021   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? There is a photo of my registration plate on entry and exit.   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes. I used a template shared on this page:      ction on Pre-Action Conduct then I will make a formal complaint to the DVLA Data Sharinuthority to disclose or refer this letter or any other   communication from me to any other person or organisation.   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Yes:   Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we have decided to reject your appeal for the following reasons: The car park is operated by Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) – cameras capture an image of vehicles entering and leaving the car park and calculate their length of stay. Parking at the above site is limited to 15 minutes. On entry to private land it is the responsibility of the driver to check for signage and ensure that your vehicle has been correctly parked. Your vehicle was parked longer than 15 minutes, therefore the notice was issued correctly and remains payable. vehicles found not adhering to the signage will be issued with a parking charge notice (PCN). Please be advised that there are a number of signs around the car park indicating the restrictions of the site and it is the responsibility of the driver to read them when parking. With regards to the reference to “Pre-Estimate of Loss/breach of consumer contracts 1999.” Please be advised that the Supreme Court has made judgement (04/11/15) that clearly sets out the issue of parking charge notices on private land (law of contract applies) and in particular pre-estimate of loss. The parking charge notice is enforceable on the basis that it protected a legitimate interest when the driver failed to adhere to the terms and conditions and was not extravagant, exorbitant nor unconscionable. The parking charge is not an unenforceable penalty and does not breach the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Please make payment of £100.00 by visiting our website at www.eurocarparks.com or use the automated telephone service 0203 553 4559. Alternatively make your cheque payable to Euro Car Parks Limited (to include a £2.50 handling charge for cheque processing) and post to Euro Car Parks Ltd, 30 Dorset Square, London, NW1 6QJ, quoting the PCN number on the reverse of the cheque. This amount is now due and the charge will be held for 14 days to allow time to make the payment. If payment is not received within this time further charges will apply. You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure.   You can make an appeal to the Independent Appeals Service, POPLA (Parking on Private Land Appeals) using the unique POPLA Reference code provided above. Please note, should you decide to appeal to POPLA, or if you appeal to POPLA and your appeal is subsequently rejected, the option to pay a discounted amount will NO longer be available and the FULL AMOUNT of the PCN will become due.   Please note - if the ticket was issued in SCOTLAND and or NORTHERN IRELAND, ONLY “THE DRIVER” can appeal to POPLA. If you/the driver decides to appeal to POPLA, you will need to visit the website, www.popla.co.uk, where further details of how to appeal (either online or by downloading the relevant forms) can be found.   If the driver is unable to access the website, please call us for further information on how to obtain the forms. Please ensure that the POPLA Reference Number as noted above is quoted on all correspondence to POPLA. The driver has 28 days from the date of this letter to submit an appeal to POPLA. If the driver appeals to POPLA, we will suspend recovery activity on the PCN.   Appeals may NOT be accepted if payment is made against the Parking Charge Notice, including any appeals logged via POPLA, if applicable.   If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.   By law we are also required to inform you that the Ombudsman Services (www.ombudsmanservices.org/) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution services. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA, as explained above.   Yours sincerely   7 Who is the parking company? Euro car parks (ECP)   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] MFG - BP Petrol Station Glasgow   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA     I attached a copy of the first letter received and a photo of the "final notification letter" I just received. NTK Mr PCE_compressed.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Natwest confirmed they cannot find my CCA, but their Mircofiche copy will do?

jacqueline1982

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

Today i recieved a letter from Natwest confirming"they cannot find my ORIGINAL loan agreement".

But they the mircofiche copy "will stand up in a court of law"

any ideas

Any winners from nastywest?

Have Natwest tryed this Microfiche crap with anyone?

if they binned or shreaded contracts,and scanned it as they have done,documents can be amended, then scanned?

Thanks

As long as the document is fundamentally the same as when you signed it, then the document can be admitted into evidence even though it is a copy.

If necessary, i can dredge up the applicable law.

the essence, however, is that if you dispute the authenticity of the document, the court will rule on what procedure it requires to authenticate the document.

However, just because a document is provided with your signature on, doesn't mean it is an enforceable credit agreement under CCA 1974. I would need to see it to be sure.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Have they actually sent you a copy of this microfiched thing?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

just because a document is provided with your signature on, doesn't mean it is an enforceable credit agreement under CCA 1974. I would need to see it to be sure.

Hi, sorry to intrude on your posts, but can you please tell me whether or not the CCA applies to authorised overdrafts on a normal current account. If so, and they do not have a copy of mine, how does it work in clearing the debt. Sorry for the basic questions but am a newbie.

just because a document is provided with your signature on, doesn't mean it is an enforceable credit agreement under CCA 1974. I would need to see it to be sure.

Hi, sorry to intrude on your posts, but can you please tell me whether or not the CCA applies to authorised overdrafts on a normal current account. If so, and they do not have a copy of mine, how does it work in clearing the debt. Sorry for the basic questions but am a newbie.

You should start you own thread, to get the most advice.

No, the CCA does not apply to an current account, but it will apply to any consumer overdraft (less than 25,000 before CCA 2006 came into force).

However, there is a exemption, restricting the information they need to send you before the overdraft is sent; and consequently the information they must send you in response to a CCA request is very limited. There is no requirement for a signature on any credit agreement for the overdraft to be enforceable. Almost all overdrafts in my experience will enforceable. You are best off looking at reclaiming any PPI or unlawful charges.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.