Wildheart Vs Robinson Way & Co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems when you take on one DCA others seem to appear from nowhere!

I remember having bother with a paypal account about 2 years ago, when NCO were dealing with it. I gave them my bank card details to clear the debt (stupid i know) but don't remember them actually taking payment. however i did what they asked and it seemed to shut them up.

Now i've had a letter in asking for £50 payment from Robinson Way & Co, and they've just rung me on my mobile. random manchester number so i phoned it to see who it was and it's RW&Co.

I've sent them a CCA request by recorded delivery this morning so do I need to do anything else? I'm tempted to just pay the £50 and be done with it, but how can i be sure that would be the end of it?

Incidentally the debt is for less now than what NCO are looking for, so i'm a bit confused

If you are confused, you may be assured that Robinson Way will not help to clarify matters. They are quite the most inept fools in the DCA industry - I suspect that when they recruit staff, they reach the bottom of the barrel and then start digging.

I'm not sure that a Paypal account is subject to the CCA in terms of the agreement, though I stand to be corrected. However, the usual procedure applies: make them prove the debt. I note, from my occasional visits to the Ebay forums, that it is far from unknown for RW and the other oxygen thieves used by Ebay, Intrum Justicia, to pursue people for debts that simply do not exist, either because the sum has already been paid, or because Ebay/Paypal have made an error.

Fifty pounds is fifty pounds (to me, anyway, but I'm a Yorkshireman); why pay it if you don't owe it. Of course, if NCO were dealing with it, then Paypal should have notified you before passing it to a different DCA.

Well fifty pounds could easily be used for something else so i'd like to be sure I actually owe this debt in the first place.

Like i said I remember giving my debit card details over the phone to NCO and never heard anything more about it.

I wasn't told that the account had been sold to anyone else and paypal haven't been of any help at all.

I've sent off the CCA anyway so they should have that by monday at the latest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok a quick update on this one now.

Got a letter today from Robinson Way:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to your recent request for a copy of the original agreement, all our clients terms and conditions can be viewed online at paypal.com. When you opened the account and used our clients services you agreed to those terms and conditions. Paypal is an internet based company and therefore there would be no agreement available, we are returning your £1.00 postal order and the above balance is due in full and needs to be paid by return.

What can i do now?

• 1 month later...

So I ignored the letter they sent me last month and today there's a very nice letter (address to just my initial and surname which happens to be the same as my dad's) saying they plan to take me to court if the money is not paid by 10am on the 16th December. I have been in contact with paypal to find out if they will accept the payment directly as I refuse to deal with Robinson Way anymore.

The problem is that Paypal say it can take up to 3 weeks for any payments to clear on the account and Robinson Way want proof that I have paid it to Paypal. I'm not sending a copy of my bank statement to Robinson Way so what else can I do?

I did photocopy the cheque I sent to Paypal so would that be enough for them?

How can I also get them to send any correspondance to me rather than just the initial and surname as my dad went ballistic thinking it was for him.

In the highly unlikely event that robinson way did file a county court claim (which in my experience isnt often) you have a list of options, one of which is that you have already paid, simply complete online and if proof is needed you can supply it to the court, they cant persue it any further then

Thanks, so should I send anything to Robinson Way? My parents are talking about taking the letter to the police as I haven't as yet told them it's for me, but the fact still remains the account has been paid (I also gave my card details to NCO in April 2006 who chose not to take the payment) so they are still wrong to send out threats.

Thanks. As I understood it, it was the DCA's responsibility to prove that the debt exists, not for me to prove that it doesn't. I've sent a letter off to paypal with a cheque which I think covers the amount (they quote in euros but want the money paid in £). So each time Robinson Way phone should I just tell them it's paid and hang up?

I wouldn't mind doing that if they would actually send the letters to me, but they keep sending them to just first initial and surname and my dad or my sister gets there first. Within minutes of me speaking to them yesterday they were back on the phone again chasing me for money. I asked them to supply in writing detailed information on the alleged debt and I was told they didn't have to provide it.

they dont have to provide details of the alleged debt? ho ho. must be idiot season.

firstly get proof in writing from paypal that the account balance is zero.

secondly send robberscum way the harrasment by telephone letter.

i mean, all this for £50. they really are botty holes.

merry xmas!!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

I have sent the harassment letter to RWC via post and email but they just ignore it. I should report them to Trading Standards about this and the fact they're not actually addressing their letters to me. Since the cheque to paypal has not cleared yet (they say it can take 3 weeks for them to deal with it) I could in theory cancel it and make the payment to RWC but why should I help boost their profits?

• 2 weeks later...

Well if i wasn't confused before I am now. The payment to paypal still hasn't cleared from my account. I've had a letter from RWC today saying the balance owed is zero and they will not be dealing with the account anymore.

But I've also had an email saying they've passed the account onto Intrium Justitia? all this for £50???

Well the same thing applies . Its up to the DCA to mprove the debt actually exists AND they have a legal right to collect. RWC should not have passed on a debt which was in dispute. Wait until IJ get in touch and come back for a BOG OFF letter