Catalogue debts

wildheart83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some advice on Littlewoods. By my calculations, Littlewoods have now defaulted on the CCA request I sent them on the 5th Dec but they are still phoning me and adding admin charges of £12 each month onto my account. They've now got hold of my mobile and I get calls every couple of days.

I appreciate the suggestion of getting caller display or choose to refuse, and to change my number but at the moment i'm unable to do anything that actually makes changes to the telephone line.

It's driving me mad and even though I tell them i'll only communicate in writing they don't listen. How long do I have to leave it before I can make a complaint to the FOS?

Thanks for your help

I would send a letter of complaint to David Simons - Chairman of Littlewoods explaining that despite your reasonable request for everything in writing and your consideration that any phone calls made to you would be classed as harrassment and treated as such under the Protection From Harrassment Act from 1997 what he thinks makes Littlewoods exempt from breaking criminal law ? Tell him also that the alleged debt is disputed and that under OFT guidelines all collection activity should stop if a debt is in this situation. Tell him that you are on medication for the harrassment - get a letter from your Doctor (you are entitled to compensation). Also say you are receiving legal advice for a claim against Littlewoods. Write down the calls were made to you with the dates and times.....send him copies of your letter....and quote these cases.

Halifax harassment case settled out of court | Money | Guardian Unlimited

and this one too...

Cancer patient sues the Halifax for harassment after 762 calls about loan - Times Online

I was always told to start at the top of the tree and work downwards, I did this when British Gas sent me a bill for £1400, I sent it to 6 of the executive board and my problem was sorted out to a bill of £260 !!!! Believe me the Chairman will NOT want to deal with this, but you will get noticed....

Hi there

I must say im not surprised that they have failed to comply

what you need to do, is keep a note of all the calls you recieve from them, write down date and time of call etc and then make a complaint to trading standards on two points

1 their failure to comply with the Consumer Credit Act and

2 the breach of s40 Administration of Justice act 1970 RE harrassment due to the telephone calls

Regards

paul

• Haha 1

Thanks, you're a star! it won't let me click your scales but i really appreciate your help. Is it worth mentioning the fact their call centre staff breached DPA by discussing the matter anyway when i refused to answer security questions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Just an update on my battle with Littlewoods/Additions/Great Universal.

I got a letter in from Holly Davies apologising for not removing my telephone number, as per my request in November (twice) and December.

Although they've sent my statements for all accounts in line with my SAR, they still haven't complied with my CCA request. I know they won't have anything but i'll wait for them to admit that.

So it's still a waiting game for me and their 30 calendar days will be up at the end of the month. I have stopped paying but I'm thinking of going down the full and final settlement route and making a very low offer

• 3 weeks later...

Well the very nice people at Great Universal have chosen to ignore my CCA request sent on the 5th Dec 2007, as have NDR, who were also sent a CCA on the same date. They've now gone and sold the debt on to our old friends Moorcroft, who have sent this letter dated the 6th Feb 2008

Dear Wildheart,

We have been instructed by GUS Essentials

To collect your overdue debt of XXXX

It is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the County Court are issued. This letter fulfils this requirements even if it is not actually read by you.

To prevent legal action from being taken it is essential that you settle this debt without delay.

Payment should be submitted in full within 7 days or contact made with this office immediately, by telephone on 0161 xxxxxx or by letter, with your payment offer. Failure to contact us by 10am on 13/02/08 may result in legal proceedings being issued against you without further notice.

We would draw to your attention that if Judgement and an order for repaymeny in full is obtained and remains unpaid enforcement of debt may be sought by one or more of the following:

1. Warrant of execution by bailiffs against goods owned.

2. Application for attachement of earnings order with your present or future employer.

3. Application for a charging order on any property you may own or are purchasing under a mortgage.

4. Application for you to attend court for questioning.

We would emphasis that should Judgement be entered against you this may affect any future credit application you may make elsewhere. We would also draw to your attention that all legal costs are usually payable by the debtor.

And they've very kindly added a £12 administration fee to the account.

So I'm guessing that the next step is to CCA Moorcroft but have Great Universal not been very naughty in selling the account on while it's in dispute?

So I'm guessing that the next step is to CCA Moorcroft but have Great Universal not been very naughty in selling the account on while it's in dispute?

Yes, it is naughty, but unfortunately that's what they do. You shouldn't really need to send another CCA. Write and tell them the account is in dispute and enclose a copy of your original request. Tell them you will not be corresponding with them any further.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Thanks for that. I found a similar thread regarding Moorcroft so I've drafted up one of Curlyben's excellent letters so hopefully that should shut them up for a while. Still not got my CCA from any of the Shop Direct accounts I have requested, but they've also stopped asking for payment. I was thinking of offering 10% of what I owe currently as full and final settlement and see what they say to that

Thanks for that. I found a similar thread regarding Moorcroft so I've drafted up one of Curlyben's excellent letters so hopefully that should shut them up for a while. Still not got my CCA from any of the Shop Direct accounts I have requested, but they've also stopped asking for payment. I was thinking of offering 10% of what I owe currently as full and final settlement and see what they say to that

Let us know how you get on. Just be sure to have everything in writing before you pay everything. :)

Sorry, posted twice - it must be a lack of alcohol!!:)

Oops, just another thing i'd like to query as I'm not sure if i'm just being sceptical.

Had a card in from Littlewoods at the weekend saying I had been selected as a prizewinner - prize being up to £1500 in goods. All I have to do is fill in my details and SIGN the bottom. Now they received my CCA on the 7th December 07 and they do not have my signature on file anywhere.

Do you think they're at it?

Oops, just another thing i'd like to query as I'm not sure if i'm just being sceptical.

Had a card in from Littlewoods at the weekend saying I had been selected as a prizewinner - prize being up to £1500 in goods. All I have to do is fill in my details and SIGN the bottom. Now they received my CCA on the 7th December 07 and they do not have my signature on file anywhere.

I would avoid it like the plague.

If you do decide to complete it, sign it with a completely different signature to what you would use normally - that way you will know if they they "use" it in a creative way...

WOW my brother recieved that card/letter the other day and the ex residents of this house also recieved that card this morning wonder if it is a new years res for ittlewood must get lots more victims to sign up.

Not that l am saying we are victims but they must believe we will fall for anything. Is not like they no the consumer law.

Have you looked very carefully at the small print of the card and does yours mention and thing like a signed credit agreemnet?

My brothers did, you can all see a copy of what he recieved on my thread called littlewoods from sometime ago, it make interesting reading about how much littlewoods have learnt or not.

dont bother to sign it or return it to them just find a nice bin and put it in there.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

HIican any one please tell me what I should do now. I sent Littlewoods a cca request in july then a non compliance letter as no agreement was sent. Then had NDR on my back for the same so sent them cca request also. Nothing. Next one was Phoenix again sent them cca request, got letter back saying that they had requested the required documents from their clients and would be back in touch. Nothing heard from November. Then today i get letter from Debt Managers Scotland. Will I send them cca request or just letter advising that account is in dispute and should not have been passed to them

HIican any one please tell me what I should do now. I sent Littlewoods a cca request in july then a non compliance letter as no agreement was sent. Then had NDR on my back for the same so sent them cca request also. Nothing. Next one was Phoenix again sent them cca request, got letter back saying that they had requested the required documents from their clients and would be back in touch. Nothing heard from November. Then today i get letter from Debt Managers Scotland. Will I send them cca request or just letter advising that account is in dispute and should not have been passed to them

Hi Kacisnanna.

You'd be better starting your own thread so that it doesn't confuse Wildheart's posts. You should not need to keep re-sending the CCA. I would consider a complaint to Trading Standard re attempting to enforce an unenforceable debt.

As i say, start your own thread so you can receive further advice :)