• Tweets

• No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
    • did you submit your directions
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Catalogue debts

wildheart83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure if i can CCA them yet as they're all still with the original creditors, allbeit within their collections department.

If they would let me clear the overdue balance without adding on charges and new monthly payments then it would be fine but each time i clear the overdue on one it's adding up on another one.

I'll SAR them this morning and see what they come back with

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just looked at my accounts online with each catalogue and it's showing zero balance which obviously isn't right. Am i best to send a letter asking what's happening with each account rather than wait for the dreaded DCAs to get in touch?

Hi again, for some reason i'm having trouble replying to posts on here...

I've just looked at my accounts online with each catalogue and it's showing zero balance which obviously isn't right. Am i best to send a letter asking what's happening with each account rather than wait for the dreaded DCAs to get in touch?

Can I send 1 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form to cover all 3 accounts before it goes to DCA to see how much in charges i've paid? They keep charging me £12 per month on each account and i'm sure it's adding up.

If all 3 accounts are within the same group then yes. For the avoidance of any doubt make this very clear in your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter.

Good luck, Dave.

Yes, absolutely, detail all your account number and as Dave has suggested, make the point very clear in your letter.

Keep us posted and good luck.

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

My Wife has the same problem, I have sent them a CCA on all the account numbers and they have ignored all correspondences, all we gat is admin cost each month, Im waiting on the dead lines to pass so I can report them to TS...I don't hold my breath8)

they can do one if they cant reply. default my ass,,,,,:-D

• Haha 1

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 2 weeks later...
Well i sent off the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form this morning, but also got a letter from NDR ltd saying they are now dealing with the Great Universal account. Do i CCA them now or wait to get something back from the OC?

Thanks

NDR is the collections dept for a better name, these ppl are clowns and need to be reported for none compliance/harassments to the OFT, My wife received another £12.00 admin charge of them today.

She has three accounts with different account numbers so we sent them a CCA request on each of the accounts £3.00.

watch this space..

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 3 weeks later...

I sent off the Harrassment by telephone letter to Littlewoods, also emailed them this and told them when they phoned that I wouldn't discuss anything over the phone. But still they keep phoning. NDR haven't sent anything else and Littlewoods are still hounding me for the arrears on the account, so i'm not sure what my next step is. I've not had my statements through that I asked for so it seems it's just a waiting game just now but I really want the phonecalls and voice texts to stop.

Well, just had a particularly nasty individual from Littlewoods on the phone despite me stating that I wouldn't discuss the matter on the phone. I refused to confirm my address or date of birth so she went to tell me why she was phoning and even told me how much the debt was for and how much I had offered to pay.

My question is where do I stand with this now? Obviously I am still waiting for my SAR to be fulfilled and have offered to pay £5 as it really is all i can afford right now, but I wish they would either stop phoning or pass the account to DCA now like Great Universal have done

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I CCA'd both Littlewoods and NDR and SAR'd Littlewoods to see just how much they've added on in charges lately. Also sent the telephone harrassment letter but it seems they don't bother paying any attention to this.

Is my next step a complaint to my local trading standards, as well as theirs? They call every day and night, and despite me telling them that I will not discuss anything over the phone they try to carry on with their script.

Apart from the fact it's breaking DPA, and is harrassment, it's really starting to depress me and I don't need the hassle at this time of year, particularly when they phone when i'm not in and they are told the same thing every time they ring

Hi all.

I CCA'd both Littlewoods and NDR and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d Littlewoods to see just how much they've added on in charges lately. Also sent the telephone harrassment letter but it seems they don't bother paying any attention to this.

Is my next step a complaint to my local trading standards, as well as theirs? They call every day and night, and despite me telling them that I will not discuss anything over the phone they try to carry on with their script.

Apart from the fact it's breaking Data Protection Act, and is harrassment, it's really starting to depress me and I don't need the hassle at this time of year, particularly when they phone when i'm not in and they are told the same thing every time they ring

You have a few choices.

when they ring.

1, Give the phone to you child if you have one, that what a mate does at work.

2, play some lift music while you ask them to wait..

3, tell them that you are recording the conversation as evidence for you case with OFT.

4, change your phone number.

good luck.

Im in the process of passing my wifes cases on to the OFT.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Well the 12+2 working days for Littlewoods is up today, and i've had phonecalls every night this week. Unfortunately I don't have a small child, or the authority to change my number so i guess i'll have to tolerate it for the time being! I'm keeping a log of every time they ring, the time and date etc so once it builds up i'll take my complaint to TS

I would be very surprised if you get any thing remotely enforceable from Littlewoods

just take a look at my thread that i have going with them http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/93571-pt2537s-cca-request-against.html

good luck and let usknow if you get anything back from them

regards

paul

Thanks, I've been keeping up to date with your thread lately Paul, since this has been brewing since the summer when i changed jobs.

I have 3 accounts which are with Shop Direct (Littlewoods, Great Universal and Additions) so as well as CCAing Shop Direct I also did NDR as they have now taken over the G/Universal account but like you say, i've not had anything worth posting on here from them.

It's really just the phonecalls that are annoying me more with Littlewoods. I know I'm in a good position, and I'm not reminding them of their duties under CCA as they are well aware of them, but I really would like to make sure they stop the calls and voicetexts.

Thanks, I've been keeping up to date with your thread lately Paul, since this has been brewing since the summer when i changed jobs.

I have 3 accounts which are with Shop Direct (Littlewoods, Great Universal and Additions) so as well as CCAing Shop Direct I also did NDR as they have now taken over the G/Universal account but like you say, i've not had anything worth posting on here from them.

It's really just the phonecalls that are annoying me more with Littlewoods. I know I'm in a good position, and I'm not reminding them of their duties under CCA as they are well aware of them, but I really would like to make sure they stop the calls and voicetexts.

If the calls are doing your head in don't take them, or screen your calls.

Tell them you don't discus anything over the phone.

what I have done is asked my phone provider to block any numbers that is with held and asked the to block certen numbers like 0845s

worth a go.

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

I've taken to just hanging up when they say they're phoning from Littlewoods. I can't change my number, or any of the account details (ie barring withheld numbers etc) as it's not my line and I don't pay the bill but hopefully if i give littlewoods enough rope they'll hang themselves

It seems Littlewoods are now stooping to a new level. Rather than deal with the CCA and SAR request I sent them on the 5th December, they've now sent a letter offering me more time to pay the arrears on the account. Since they've defaulted on the 12+2 working days I can stop payment until they come up with an enforceable CCA?

well technically yes you can withold payment but it will have an effect on your credit file. oince the 12 working days pass the creditor is not entitled to enforce the debt while they are in default

they will add adverse marks to your file, although they shouldnt they do.

if you have a look at my thread i have with little woods youll see they send all manner of bizarre letters offering this and that

still thats life,