Moorcroft are such nice people.

kopw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Those people at Moorcroft are so nice. I recently sent them a CCA request regarding my Credit Card in which I requested a signed copy of my credit agreement, statement of account, deed of assignement and fair processing notice.

I received a reply today. I did not receive any statement of account. I did not receive any deed of assignement. I did not receive any fair processing notice. I did however receive a signed credit agreement showing my genuine signature, albeit for a LOAN I fully re-paid back in 2002. No sign of the agreement for my credit card for which they are chasing me.

Now then, this is why I think those people at moorcroft are so nice. It's because they tell me in their letter that they are putting my account on hold for two weeks in order that I can put forward a repayment offer.

I think I'll just leave it for now and hope that those nice people don't think too badly of nasty old me when I send my nasty letter of complaint to TS because they have failed to comply with my nasty request.

Now I'm going for my mug of horlicks. I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight, just thinking what might happen to all those nice people at moorcroft at the hands of the TS. :rolleyes::wink:

I did however receive a signed credit agreement showing my genuine signature, albeit for a LOAN I fully re-paid back in 2002.

Agreement? You may well find that it's just an application form. Does it contain all the necessary prescribed terms?

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Agreement? You may well find that it's just an application form. Does it contain all the necessary prescribed terms?
Have another read Dave. They didnt send what was asked for. NUMPTIES

Hi all.

I asked for the agreement in respect of my outstanding credit card. Moorcroft sent me an agreement I had for a personal loan and which I settled fully back in early 2002.

I'm thinking of firing off a letter to the loan company asking for written clarification of the status of this personal loan. It might be of some help when I take these muppets by the hand to see the TS

D'oh, I can't read.

I should apply for a job at a DCA... :p

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I think it's a requirement that in order to work for a DCA you need to be a bottom-feeding lowlife ****. Indeed, I think that they are all a seperate species from humanity.

Yes it certainly seems like that 8)

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Can somebody give me some advice?

After moorcroft have comitted an offence i.e, 12 W/D + 30, will I be able to reclaim all the money I have already paid them.

Now then, I don't mean that I want to claw back any money from the card provider. What I mean is I would like to claim it back from moorcroft because they are the ones who have taken it from me without a legal right to do so?

I realise that to try to claim it back from the card issuer would be futile, simply because they would open a bottomless pit of money to defend such a claim for fear of a precedent should I or someone else win such a claim. The floodgates would be opened and all the banks would be bankrupt.

But you can obviously write Dave, you're overqualified !

:D

hahahaha that's so funny.

Moorcroft are **** - oh let's not insult **** - that's too good for them.

They are the excretions of the bowels of hell!

Too strong??? :)

Get a life - you only get ONE!

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

http://www.cccs.co.uk/

BSC No 60

12.12.2007 - 9.54am

**Discharged Friday 12th December 2008**

Can somebody give me some advice?

After moorcroft have comitted an offence i.e, 12 W/D + 30, will I be able to reclaim all the money I have already paid them.

Now then, I don't mean that I want to claw back any money from the card provider. What I mean is I would like to claim it back from moorcroft because they are the ones who have taken it from me without a legal right to do so?

I realise that to try to claim it back from the card issuer would be futile, simply because they would open a bottomless pit of money to defend such a claim for fear of a precedent should I or someone else win such a claim. The floodgates would be opened and all the banks would be bankrupt.

Sorry but no, tthe issue of unjust enrichment was debated by the House of Lords in Wilson -v- FCT and the Lords ruling effectivley means that where you have paid towards teh debt, you cannot obtain the monies back. therefore you would not be able to reclaim the funds from moorcroft or the original creditor

Regards

paul

• 4 weeks later...

Last week I received a phone call from these little darlings. I told the girl at the other end that I was not prepared to deal with her over the phone. She told me that I wasn't dealing with it at all!!!, bloody cheek. I reminded her that I had sent them a CCA request which they had failed to supply. At the end of last week I received a letter from them demanding full payment plus, if neccessary, solicitor's costs plus court costs. In short, hundreds more on top. I sent them a reminder that they had failed to supply any documents pertaining to this debt and that I would be writing to TS soon. I've received confirmation that my account is now on hold and that they've gone back to the creditor for the proper paperwork. They have only a few days left before I report them to TS. Watch this space.

• 2 months later...

I recently wrote a letter of complaint to Trading Standards. A couple of days ago I received a letter from these little darlings informing me that they could not source an agreement for this account and that therefore the account was being closed and referred back to their clients.

I've still heard nothing from TS.