Increased Overdraft Woes

Bradachin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This isn't directly linked to their bank charges but I've been well and truly turned over by NatWest. They contacted me about increasing my overdraft, which after some discussion I agreed to. The agreement was the increased limt would reduce by a fixed amount each month until it was at the original limit. 8 days later they terminated the agreement and reduced my overdraft to its original limit without any warning. When I queried this I was told it was my fault because I had exceeded the increased limit contrary to the T&Cs. OK hands up I had due to bad timing - a cheque going out the day before I got paid and their excessive charge for this. Now this isn't in the T&Cs and wasn't explained in the phone call I received. In fact the T&Cs provide for the increased limit to be exceeded at their discretion and subject to the usual unarranged borrowing charges. They didn't appreciate my questions and threatened to close my account if I insisted on speaking with a manager. Turns out an overdraft is "repayable on demand" which in their view means they can call it in immediately when they want and don't have to give me any notice or time to make alternative arrangements. They even say they don't have to explain this - in their opinion it's "obvious" and "common sense". So much for treating customers fairly, The Banking Code and providing clear T&Cs in plain language. I've written to complain but I'm not holding my breath that they are remotely interested. Another example of a large financial institution having no care or concern for Joe Public and the effect their actions have on his sorry little existence.

If you dont get any joy from them, I would take the complaint up with the omsbudsman.

Ed

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D