Wescot for Great Universal/ Phoenix Recoveries.

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My other Half recieved a letter from wescot this morning on behalf of Phoenix Recoveries. Now having had dealings with phoenix recoveries ova a prevoius account l know who they are, One of Shop direct in house recovery teams along side NDR.

We no this must be for the Great Universal Catalogue he had last summer and they just started to rake the credit and payments up higher than we could afford. I was disputing this debt earlier in the year for him as a lot of the debt is made up of charges now.

l am a bit miffed ova what to do. When i started to dispute the charges i was dealing with Great Universal and getting somewhere. They admitted on the phone there was not cca and the charges were illegal and they would investigate and get back to us regarding this matter. this was late February.

Now due to the odd thing happening within the family, My mum bro and sis being evicted and family member dying l forgot to chase them up regarding this. We have not heard anything from them until today when we recieved this letter. No letters from Phoenix recoveries or anything.

I am thinking of sending a cca request to wescot, its ready to go, but do i contact Great Universal over the investigation they were doing?

Ty all.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Chrissi

CCA wescott as this puts the account in dispute with them and they should cease all collection activity while they investigate

dont forget to write on the top of the letter I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

then i would take up the issue with Great uni as a side issue as they should not have passed this debt on while in dispute

but i would CCA wescott for sure as they have to produce proof thatthey are legally entitled to enforce this debt

Regards

paul

I would send Wescot a letter stating that the account is in dispute and tell them you will only deal with the original creditor.

I would then write to GUS and state you are shocked that they have passed this matter to a DCA without firstly informing you about the results of their investigation. Give them 7 days to comply or you will refer them to the FSA.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Well the CCA request is sitting here waiting to go to the post office when it opens after lunch.

I dont think they were going to be doing a investigation really and were just saying that to shut me up as i was having a bit of a go at them saying that they have no rite in charging us for there mistakes.

Most of the charges are made up of late payment charges as they stopped sending out statements and have admitted that as well.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

ok checked this morning and wescot recieved the cca yesterday morning.

Sorry i have not posted this sooner i have had some idiot of a different site sent us a pain in the but virus which wiped everything on the comp and this included the operationing systems.

Anyway. Yesterday morning my partner recieved a lovely letter from wescot.

Dear Sir,

Further to your recent correspondence regarding the above mentioned account.

Following your recent request for a copy of the signed credit agreement, we can confirm we have returned the account to our client. Please contact our client direct for the information reguired.

Yours Faithfully.

Miss E Standfield.

They even returned the postal order.

Well i am guessing that is a result but the problem i now have is Pheonix recoveries have never contaced my partner regarding the account so how do we know how to contact them?

Yer thats what i said.

• 1 month later...

previous post deleted.