HSBC Telephone banking fraud

babieshoes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Someone accessed my account via telephone banking 3 weeks ago. They transferred money from my account into a joint account and then tried to withdraw £700 into a Natwest account. Luckily this was stopped by the bank because of "unusual spending". I went into a branch, changed all my security details and asked for a transcript of the phonecall.

A week later I was blocked out of my internet banking because someone had tried again to access my accounts. I reactivated everything and then went into the bank last Wednesday to raise my concerns that someone has my details and is trying to steal my money. I was told "not to worry as they've tried twice and probably won't try again". The investigation is ongoing but no timeframe for an outcome was given.

The next day, my account was accessed again but this time £1500 was stolen from my joint account! Nobody knows why this was not stopped. The cheeky so-and-so had APPLIED FOR AN OVERDRAFT on my joint account the previous Tuesday, waited 2 days and then transferred the money into a Barclays account!

Naturally I am livid and have demanded an explanation from the bank. I'm being told to change my account details, but if this is the case, then I amy as well go to another bank where I'll feel more secure. But, doing this, will have many implications for me...

What do I do? The bank doesn't seem overly keen to try keep my business and their attitude is rather lax. There is no communication between departments as I've receiving calls from different people who have not communicated with anyone else on the matter.

What recourse do I have? Are there any solicitors who deal with such matters as I've been told I can claim compensation?

Any information would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

I'd speak to their fraud investigation department and also ask for a copy of their complaints procedure.

If you do not get a satisfactory respones, you can then proceed to the FSA who will charge them £400 for the priveleg of investigating them.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 1 year later...
Someone accessed my account via telephone banking 3 weeks ago. They transferred money from my account into a joint account and then tried to withdraw £700 into a Natwest account. Luckily this was stopped by the bank because of "unusual spending". I went into a branch, changed all my security details and asked for a transcript of the phonecall.

A week later I was blocked out of my internet banking because someone had tried again to access my accounts. I reactivated everything and then went into the bank last Wednesday to raise my concerns that someone has my details and is trying to steal my money. I was told "not to worry as they've tried twice and probably won't try again". The investigation is ongoing but no timeframe for an outcome was given.

The next day, my account was accessed again but this time £1500 was stolen from my joint account! Nobody knows why this was not stopped. The cheeky so-and-so had APPLIED FOR AN OVERDRAFT on my joint account the previous Tuesday, waited 2 days and then transferred the money into a Barclays account!

Naturally I am livid and have demanded an explanation from the bank. I'm being told to change my account details, but if this is the case, then I amy as well go to another bank where I'll feel more secure. But, doing this, will have many implications for me...

What do I do? The bank doesn't seem overly keen to try keep my business and their attitude is rather lax. There is no communication between departments as I've receiving calls from different people who have not communicated with anyone else on the matter.

What recourse do I have? Are there any solicitors who deal with such matters as I've been told I can claim compensation?

Any information would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Please help! Someone has got money from my telephone banking in the last week, and the halifax are saying it must be because i left my details for someone to see and refuse to give my money back. How can someone get anything from telephone banking? I do not know how they have done it and the bank are using me as a scapegoat. Any help would eb greatly appreciated.

Please help! Someone has got money from my telephone banking in the last week, and the halifax are saying it must be because i left my details for someone to see and refuse to give my money back. How can someone get anything from telephone banking? I do not know how they have done it and the bank are using me as a scapegoat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All banks have a fraud prevention and investigation department in these circumstances you must get in touch with this department the normal phone monkey's wont do.

They will have a standard complaints form that they will send you which you must fill in and return.

I would also personally contact the police and report this crime. The police will give you a crime number which you can use on the banks paperwork.

and the Halifax are saying it must be because i left my details for someone to see

This is a ridiculous statement to make, why would you effectively give your own money away?

just shout if you have anymore problems and keep us posted :).

pete