Chelseaboy vs Capital One........

chelseaboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps...... just done Abbey for over 5k...:D now to the smaller one of the two!!!!! Capital one have had about £800 in late payment charges/over limit charges:mad: I know that they now don't charge more than £12 because the oft told them that's the top wack they could charge without them getting involved, (think i'm right so far) does the oft test case affect credit cards or are you lot carrying on anyway? to be honest i'm not sure if I can be bothered with all the palarva again!!! Am soooo tempted to send 'em a letter saying if you give us £400 i'll call it quits!!!!!!!!! Do you rekon it'll work?;) Chels (rather anebreated!!!!!)

Hi peeps...... just done Abbey for over 5k...:D now to the smaller one of the two!!!!! Capital one have had about £800 in late payment charges/over limit charges:mad: I know that they now don't charge more than £12 because the oft told them that's the top wack they could charge without them getting involved, (think i'm right so far) does the oft test case affect credit cards or are you lot carrying on anyway? to be honest i'm not sure if I can be bothered with all the palarva again!!! Am soooo tempted to send 'em a letter saying if you give us £400 i'll call it quits!!!!!!!!! Do you rekon it'll work?;) Chels (rather anebreated!!!!!)

The OFT case isn't to do with credit cards etc.. so carry on as usual.

If you know for sure how much your charges, PPI etc.. are and you really can't be hassled by doing a court thing again - try the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Services) - it's easy really and no hassle involved.

You simply send the usual Pre Lim approach for charges and the LBA with your usual schedule of charges as you would normally.

Cap1 usually reply their usual garbage over the difference between £20 and £12 thing - which is still unlawful etc..

Once you have this reply from CAP1 fill in the complaint form at the FOS and enclose copies of your requests asking for your charges and their reply to you - and send it to FOS and they'll deal with it. Simple? You just need to show FOS you tried to get money back off them and Cap1 said no or they made a really offer etc.. (the copies of letters you'll show will indicate you tried)

our complaints procedure and how to complain

You can get your money back without the court claim etc.. just as easily this way to include the interest etc.. (I did my mums this way recently)

Capital One are fairly easy to get your money back from. They send you a pathetic offer, usually the difference between £20 and £12. You turn it down. Then if you did decide to file at Court, Crap One say they'll defend but then offer the full amount, uslaully within a couple of weeks after filing. Your cheque arrives about 14 days later, if your account is closed. If there's still a balance on your account they'll use the charges refund to reduce the balance. If there's any left over you'll get a cheque for the difference. No guarantees but thats whats been happening up to now.

Cheers peeps, sounds simply enough compaired to Abbey, I suppose with interest it'll come to about a grand... It'll pay for another 2 weeks in Oz:D (Abbey have paid for the flights:D :D ) Anyway you lot keep up the good work, we'll get 'em in the end......... Chels

p.s....... I'll keep you posted.......

Right peeps, Just done my spreadsheet, (comes to £616 without interest.....£725.47 with.) My brains just numbed up (the wife would claim it did that years ago) has anyone got the link to the initial letter I have to send (not S.A.R) as I can't find it.........

Do I send the letter to Trent house? or is that just for court papers????????

I sent mine to trent house - then if they wish to they can transfer to other dept as they wish.

If you want copies of stuff like default notice and other documents make sure you write in your request that you want ALL data that they hold on your account etc.. otherwise you'll just get statements sent to you.