Wasn't given Court date - now thrown out!!??!?!

runnycustard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all :)

I was waiting to hear about a court date for several months - I havn't got the paperwork in front of me but it's nearly 5 months from the Mycol stage ended and got a letter saying it was being transferred to the court - and that was it.

I've heard on MSE and this site that most Nationwide Claims have had a stay put on them so I figured I was in for a long wait!

On Friday I got a letter from the court saying that it has been thrown out as no one turned up - either party!!!

How can I go to court if I didn't know about it... is this the end.. can I do something? Do I complain to the court?

i would appreciate any suggestions as to what to do!

Thanks

:cool:

Hi runnycustard, I'm sorry to hear about this.

Once MCOL write to you to say that they're transferring your claim to your local county court, you normally hear from the local court within a couple of weeks (asking you to complete an AQ or saying that it's being dispensed with). If you haven't received anything at all from your local court (apart from the letter saying the claim has been thrown out), I'd advise you to go and see them asap to ask:

a) what address they've used to correspond with you

b) for copies of all correspondence they've sent to you regarding this claim.

I doubt they have the wrong address as their letter stating that the claim has been struck out reached you fine. However, it's worth checking about the other correspondence and explaining that you haven't received anything and requesting that the claim is re-instated.

Check with the court then post back and we can advise further :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.