• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can anyone help CSA issues

fingers mclean
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello ta all and Good Evening

I too have probs with them buggers 'up the road' and I have done for many years.

I went to court 6 mth ago and agreed to a monthly payment, and was advised that if i missed a payment I would face 42 days in jail or my driving licence taken away, guess what..I recieved a summons today to appear on 20th March, and take my licence with me and a (bag full of clothes).

Over the last few month I have spoken to the CSA over the phone asking for a reduced payment and heard nothing, then today I got the summons?

Any ideas on what to do next?

Should I enrol the help of a solicitor..(legal aid of course)

Thank you

Stephen

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Worried

I think a solicitor is your best bet - as they already seem to have a liability order against you - the thing is once the liability order is in place basically you have to pay it - even if you think it's wrong, it's like council tax you have to pay first and argue the toss later.

The thing is if your D/L is essential to your job and therefore your earning capacity thats what you need to argue in court as without the earnings aint no chance of the CSA getting payments.

I think a solcitors presence will ensure the best outcome for you - and this is coming from someone of the other side of the CSA fence as my ex point blank refuses to pay with his excuse being that he just doesn't want to.

I hope you get it sorted as you are obviously trying to pay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

11 YEARS of misery with the CSA, because my ex said he could work the system being S/E and he has done a brilliant job of it!

They have lost my file many times, lost letters/not received – brought a fax machine and get their email address now!

I even had to copy letters they sent to me as they didn’t have copies! Been to MP, ICE (about 5 full reports – found the csa at fault but they now useless and seem to do nothing), Lord Hunt, Complaints, Parliamentary Ombudsman, Chief Executive – doesn’t bother to reply to letters, Tribunals, Appeals, Bailiffs, Courts, (he even gave them fake payslips) even found a solicitor to sue them - whilst Legal Aid going through (as working p/t) got in touch with Watchdog, they called the CSA and just by magic, got a phone call offering a BIG advance payment, they admitted it was because of that!

But I’m still owed money and still trying to get it, Criminal Compliance Unit found evidence of 5 bank accounts, how much he really earns and his savings and mortgage (tax man not interested that he has lied about his earnings) LAST JULY - not sent to appeals/nothing done, so I appealed for maintenance assessment to be reassessed, got struck out - out of time, I went to Regional Chairman appealing under exceptional circumstances, finally got the tribunal and the CSA turned up with only one bank account information for one year only, I was made to look a fool and called a liar and it was disallowed. So I’m back to complaining, making the appeals people sort out yet another mess they have caused while he enjoys his money, life and lies by laughing at me - by . . . WORKING THE SYSTEM - just like he said.

I will keep on with it, trying to go to the Media again as seems to be the only thing that works, if we all did, then they would do another story about it.

The CSA ask me for information about my ex, so when I find it and give it to them, he tells the Police I’m harassing him and they come round to see me, I have to explain to them what its about – so he even harasses me via the Police!

11 YEARS of misery with the CSA, because my ex said he could work the system being S/E and he has done a brilliant job of it!

They have lost my file many times, lost letters/not received – brought a fax machine and get their email address now!

I even had to copy letters they sent to me as they didn’t have copies! Been to MP, ICE (about 5 full reports – found the csa at fault but they now useless and seem to do nothing), Lord Hunt, Complaints, Parliamentary Ombudsman, Chief Executive – doesn’t bother to reply to letters, Tribunals, Appeals, Bailiffs, Courts, (he even gave them fake payslips) even found a solicitor to sue them - whilst Legal Aid going through (as working p/t) got in touch with Watchdog, they called the CSA and just by magic, got a phone call offering a BIG advance payment, they admitted it was because of that!

But I’m still owed money and still trying to get it, Criminal Compliance Unit found evidence of 5 bank accounts, how much he really earns and his savings and mortgage (tax man not interested that he has lied about his earnings) LAST JULY - not sent to appeals/nothing done, so I appealed for maintenance assessment to be reassessed, got struck out - out of time, I went to Regional Chairman appealing under exceptional circumstances, finally got the tribunal and the CSA turned up with only one bank account information for one year only, I was made to look a fool and called a liar and it was disallowed. So I’m back to complaining, making the appeals people sort out yet another mess they have caused while he enjoys his money, life and lies by laughing at me - by . . . WORKING THE SYSTEM - just like he said.

I will keep on with it, trying to go to the Media again as seems to be the only thing that works, if we all did, then they would do another story about it.

The CSA ask me for information about my ex, so when I find it and give it to them, he tells the Police I’m harassing him and they come round to see me, I have to explain to them what its about – so he even harasses me via the Police!

I would definately get involved with any media campaign about this - the whole thing is a joke when you refer to the police hear and the CSA asking for information etc

I have a harrassment order against my ex partner and he cannot come within 50 feet of me nor can he or any 'agents' have contact with me - they CSA are aware of this however they keep saying it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to provide them with information as to where he is working if I want to have them check it out!

Yep thats right I have to effectively encourage contact in order to find things out!!

Well I don't fancy the threats of getting my house burnt down and physical violence thanks!

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a 'parents panel' from both sides of the fence that could make recommendations to the CSA based on actual experiences but I think there should be. What can a bunch of government suits know about this agency??

• 2 months later...

hi,i have been re-assessed last year and csa have calculated i owe £20,000 back pay.I have written to them to ask how they worked it out but cannot get a reply,i've sent all letters by recorded delivery,even wrote to complaints dept but still have no reply after 12 weeks.Previously i was self employed and sent my accounts into csa every year. I have been paying £200 month voluntary maintanence,even though i had a nil assessment.I have a court case shortly but cannot get anything off csa to support my case.Can anyone help please?

Have you asked for copies of your file? I have a template I can pm you if you want it?

The letter asks for you files both clerical and computer generated. They have 40 days in which to comply. The files will show each assessment made for you and their calculations. There are parts that will be blacked out that will relate to your ex.

I always ask for my files every 6 months, it's amazing the stuff they can leave out! It should list all the times you have contacted them, all letters sent to you, the original application etc.

Is this availible anywhere on line?:cool:

• 1 month later...

o.

Have you asked for copies of your file? I have a template I can pm you if you want it?

The letter asks for you files both clerical and computer generated. They have 40 days in which to comply. The files will show each assessment made for you and their calculations. There are parts that will be blacked out that will relate to your ex.

I always ask for my files every 6 months, it's amazing the stuff they can leave out! It should list all the times you have contacted them, all letters sent to you, the original application etc.

Help with the csa

Hi sorry for adding this to the thread as i did put my own in and did not get any where sorry if this is causing you some hassle

i am new to this so please bear with me if i have posted this into the wrong section

anyway here is my need

had been separated from my wife for 10 years and have 2 children now aged 21 +16 only found out that she had put through a divorce in 2003 and was given everything and i mean everything house the lot..i had been giving her in the first few months of my separation all my wages yes i know don't say it...after a few months i needed to get a place of my own and decided to give her then £300 + per Month.. she took that no problem

then the csa got involved and was taking then £450 per month that was over half my wage.... then after 3 years i lost my job and wet on job seekers so was unable to pay anything..then got a job stated paying her £15 per week as it was a low payed job.. the the csa bounced me taking £650 per month i could live on the 250 that was left so had to pack my job in.....

had the letter from csa demanding payment... had then asked them send me all the data which they have but do not know what to do with it... she has not said that i had been paying her anything and i have no longer got proof as all back dated paperwork has gone...

a little history

having been sent a few weeks back the decree absolute it says that i have no legal right to the well being of my lads as from 2003 so why am i paying the csa.. can not get in touch with her as she sold up everything and moved with her new husband in a f.... BIG place and me just barely holding a flat together.. now then they are asking me to now pay £12000 + for the 16 year old ???

so any one can you put me in the right direction please

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is write a letter to the Chief Exec of the CSA the last one I did was done by the website but all my others and over 16 years there have been several have been done by letter.

This will then kick off the complaints procedure and it will be a long slow process 16 years in my case with 4 trips to the Independant Case Examiner and helped by my MP.

The thing that is lacking in the CSA is common sense. The only way to avoid CSA is to get a private arrangement with the other parent and stick to it. Not possible in my case as my ex was not reasonable.

You need to keep records and try and prove what your saying. If you dont provide what they are asking for an Interim Maintenance Assesment is done and there seems to be no logic to this calculation. I think most people would be happy with some maintenance rather than nothing at all.

Best advice I can give anyone when dealing with the CSA is never depend on your maintenance then it can't pull you into debt. The system is still flawed and until common sense prevails it always will be.

Hope that helps

Hi sfwestyorks I'm Taking It That The Reply Was For Me ? If So Thanks

I Have Started Sending My Lads Moey In Cheques And They Have Been Cashing Them.. Im Doing This As I Have Been Told That The Lads Where Not Getting Any Of It She Was Spending The Lost On Hols Ect.. So Seeing The Lads Are 16 They Are Not Quite Adults But Can Make There Own Mind Up, What Im Tryng To Ask Anyone Is If They Are Cashing The Checks Then Why Do I Have To Pay Csa For Them ?:?

• 4 weeks later...

I am after some help please? I had been paying CSA payments up until 2001 but had a breakdown after my brother died that year. I was homeless and not working and have recently got my life back on track after a long time! I have now been told that I am liable for back pay for the period of time between 2001-end of 2008 even though I wasnt working. This is because I didnt call them to tell them about my breakdown and homelesness. This was the last thing on my mind. Is there anywhere I can get help to question this please folks?

Red,

In lieu of anyone else coming with advice I'll share my limited experience of the CSA.

I know that you can negotiate to pay off arrears. In the case of a friend of mine he negotiated with the CSA to repay £360 arrears over two years and they said they would not charge interest.

He telephoned them and got through to a very helpful woman who was able to answer all his queries.

Otherwise, the CAB is a good place for advice on problems with the CSA. I have always found my local CAB staff very kind and informative.

I hope you get your CSA problems sorted out.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi stevie - I do not believe they take outgoings into account just what they earn to base their assessment.

My ex claims that as he is bankrupt he can't afford to pay anything - it took getting him to court and a suspended prison sentence before he started paying though!

• 5 months later...