Mis-sold Lloyds PPI on a credit card - as a student!!

butwhy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

bump

LLoyds TSB: £954.09 Sent LBA, refused to refund.

Lloyds TSB Credit Card: £392 - THEY REFUSE TO CANCEL THE CHARGES!!

Mis-sold PPI. Current figure is £814 including 8% interest.

BarclayCard: £306.12 - SETTLED IN FULL VIA FOS!

Abbey: £52 - No response yet. Sent LBA

NatWest: £30 - SETTLED IN FULL!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a letter from Lloyds TSB today which basically contests my previous letters sent to them.

The basic contents of the letter state that I was sent a policy document, monthly statements and I was well within my rights to cancel the policy within the grace period. Therefore they are NOT going to refund my payments.

They have also magically produced a signed agreement form dated 24th Jan 2001, but stamped 30th Jan 2002?? Furthermore, the form has quite clearly not been completed by me (the handwriting is totally different) although my signature DOES appear at the bottom. The income information is totally wrong (way ABOVE my actual income at that time).

I'm really suspicious of when this agreement was signed as I don't remember signing anything for the payment protection, but I DO remember being sold it over the phone.

I have most of my old payslips which cover this period time whilst I was paying for the protection cover and I wasn't working the minimum required 16hrs so thats gotta help right?

So what do i do, should I reply to this letter or just file a claim with the courts now?

Hello Butwhy,

When did you take out the account????? Bit of a different in the dates:-?

Are you sure its a copy of your ca or a copy of the application form for the account.

I don't think I have ever seen a ca with your annual earnings on it:shock: Can you post it up on the thread, omiting personal details, for comments.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi HHNF,

it looks more like an application form for the account as the only indication of agreeing to the payment protection is a little tickbox in the bottom left corner of the form.

I've had the account from a young age but when I turned 18 I applied for my visa debit card as before that I had only been given an electron. That's the only reason I can think of for signing a form. I also applied for my credit card at this point but only started using it in June 2002 (roughly 18 months later)

Also, now that I think about it, my signature might have even been different at that age :?

But I can definately say that the handwriting on the form isn't mine and there's no way I was earning the kind of income that has been noted on the form. I was only working 13 hours a week!

I'm starting to think they're trying to make a bigger fool out of me now. Because when I sent them a letter asking for a copy of my credit agreement they didn't provide one, probably because I don't ever remember signing one! So i wouldn't be surprised if this photocopied form has been tampered with....:evil:

Hi HHNF,

it looks more like an application form for the account as the only indication of agreeing to the payment protection is a little tickbox in the bottom left corner of the form.

I've had the account from a young age but when I turned 18 I applied for my visa debit card as before that I had only been given an electron. That's the only reason I can think of for signing a form. I also applied for my credit card at this point but only started using it in June 2002 (roughly 18 months later)

Also, now that I think about it, my signature might have even been different at that age :?

But I can definately say that the handwriting on the form isn't mine and there's no way I was earning the kind of income that has been noted on the form. I was only working 13 hours a week!

I'm starting to think they're trying to make a bigger fool out of me now. Because when I sent them a letter asking for a copy of my credit agreement they didn't provide one, probably because I don't ever remember signing one! So i wouldn't be surprised if this photocopied form has been tampered with....:evil:

Hello Butwhy,

Interesting:shock:

If you took the account out over the telephone, that may account for the different hand writing on the ??? application form, but not the signature:shock:

The fact you have evidence that you were only working 13hrs a week will show that the ppi would have been void.

Can you post it up on the thread for comments?????????

Maybe respond to the letter with your concerns, ask them to respond in 14days and if no joy issue your N1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Well, having a look at the form it just looks like an application for the credit card. Which i was eligible to apply for once i turned 18.

Ok, rookie question - how do I add the attachment? I can't see any options at all that allow me to add one

Well, having a look at the form it just looks like an application for the credit card. Which i was eligible to apply for once i turned 18.

Ok, rookie question - how do I add the attachment? I can't see any options at all that allow me to add one

Hello Butwhy,

You can attach it to a post through Photobucket, It is free and it is on the internet. That seems to be what everybody uses:D

i'll check that out

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, extremely delayed reaction but I finally managed to get a copy of the form scanned:

form.jpg

I have read through the letter I received again and am now feel as though they have backed me into a corner. I have signed for it - thats what the form shows. So is there really anything left that I can contest??

I KNOW for a fact that I wasn't working the minimum hours and was really not aware of what I was buying at that time otherwise I obviously would not have signed for it knowing that the policy would have been void. :(

I don't know what to do :???:

Ok, extremely delayed reaction but I finally managed to get a copy of the form scanned:

form.jpg

I have read through the letter I received again and am now feel as though they have backed me into a corner. I have signed for it - thats what the form shows. So is there really anything left that I can contest??

I KNOW for a fact that I wasn't working the minimum hours and was really not aware of what I was buying at that time otherwise I obviously would not have signed for it knowing that the policy would have been void. :(

I don't know what to do :???:

Hello Butwhy,

Where are the prescribed terms, that under the CCA must be on the application/agreement that you signed.:o This looks to me like a pre-contractual application form

Credit limit Sky is the limit

payments ? monthly NEVER????

interest rate Do you not have to pay interest.

Maybe post this agreement on the consumer credit agreement thread for comments or pm davefirewalker or car2403 for their view on it.

paperclip.gif Consumer Credit Act Agreements

Maybe all is not lost, think positive

Hi HHNF,

I have just posted the main form itself, but they have also attached a 2nd sheet of paper with basic terms and conditions.

I already had an existing account with them at the time of this application but was just applying for a debit card rather than just a cashpoint card.

IF the date on the form is real, then this was signed 4 months before I turned 18. Would I have been eligible to apply for a credit card before i turned 18?!

And if you noticed.... the date of the signature at the bottom is jan 2001 but the form is stamped jan 2002 ?? How can that be?:?

bump

Hi,

I work for a BBC1 consumer affairs programme called "Don't Get Done, Get Dom", in which presenter Dominic Littlewood attempts to resolve issues that have arisen between consumers and companies.

Having read your story, we would be extremely keen to hear from you to see if there is anything we might be able to do to help.

If you would like to talk to us, please get in touch at:

[email protected]

Thanks very much,

Robert Gershinson

Don’t Get Done, Get Dom (BBC1)

Hello Butwhy,

Well found you lonely over here, Don't know why your thread has been moved here. Maybe ask one of the Mods to move it back to the ppi forum

What response had you had from them???????

Have you received your SAR