HELP!! with cabot please

essexboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone

I was reading this site for info regarding a situation my sister in law had found herself in and came upon the cabot thread.

I have also been contacted by cabot by letter (x2) and more recently i have had an enormous volume of phone calls

The letters refer to a credit card issued by providian that i had used in or around 2001/2002 that i believe was settled or had a little balance outstanding.

I work away a lot and had this card for emergencies and my wife has had to deal with the phone calls which are now getting aggressive and threatening.

She phoned me the other day stating that they have claimed that i have gave permission for her to discuss my account, i gave providian permission to discuss my account with my wife as i was working away from home when i first had the card.

Can cabot take this as permission to persue my wife for the debt if they have failed to contact myself.

Incidently the credit limit on my card was for a few hundred pounds and they are demanding over five hundred and fifty.

I have googled providian to get a contact address so i can question this total, as i have no paperwork for providian as i thought this account was settled. It appears to be an american company and were possibly taken over in 2004 by Barclays.

What do i do next?

How do i get information about my account?

How do i stop the numerous phone calls?

Please help, i am at home for a few days and can instigate any advise offered.

Thank you in advance

ESSEXBOY

firstly send a CCA request to see if Cabot can lawfully pursue you for this alleged debt

secondly send a telephone harrassment letter and NEVER EVER SPEAK TO THEM OVER THE PHONE

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

SAR them - the info you recieve should shed light on the issue

one other thing. tell your wife to hang up whenever they ring. there is no need for her to talk to them. if they were harrassing my wife.......

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

CHEERS itsamomentintime

thanks for all your help

i have told her to hang up, but she is worried about this "permission to speak" request i was alledge to have given

funnily enough they have not rang today while im at home.

once again, thanks for taking time out to help me with this problem

ESSEXBOY

tell her to stop worrying, finding this site is the best thing that could have happened to you

post office WON 12/11/06

I had a Providian credit card, it then became Monument and you are right in that Barclays own it, the contact details I have are:- Monument, Customer Services, PO Box 6476, Northampton, NN4 1ZN. I am still waiting for a reply to my SAR request which was sent over 40 days ago and unfortunately Cabot also have my account!

Good luck, Dibs x

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

You might also like to mention to Cabot in addition to being a Consumer Action Group student that you have now been introduced to the Cabot Fan Club and all they stand for. From this day on you now have their full support. I think cabot will then know what is behind you and all those who are guiding you. Now's the time they'll start doing what they should - won't you Mr Maynard? :D

Welcome essexboy & Dibsthefrenchie, as is stated above with all that excellent advice, you are now in capable, willing and able hands..

Sarah

I wonder if their soooper-dooooper new letter sorter has a seperate setting for CAG letters? :p

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I wonder if their soooper-dooooper new letter sorter has a seperate setting for CAG letters? :p

Possibly.

Having had no response to my complaint letters, I phoned them last week to give them a final chance to respond before I go to FOS/Information Commissioner. The first drone I spoke to asked me to summarise the problem because he had them on his screen and 'they're quite long letters', whilst the next person I spoke to claimed they had never been received! However, I then supplied the name of the individual who had signed for them. Confusion reigns, it seems.