PPI with cap1 credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I took a credit card with Cap1 a few years ago I blindly agreed to take out PPI because it seemed like a good idea at the time. I think, after watching Martin Lewis last night, that the only way I can claim this back is because Cap1 have been fined in the past. As far as I can remember (bearing in mind this is going back a few years), I wasn't asked if I had any health problems I think I was just told how it would pay out if I became ill or unemployed. In other words I think it wasn't explained to me properly.

Also, would an S.A.R be the way to go to find out if there was PPI on my Halifax loan. Although I don't think there is because at the time I took it out I was that bit wiser about PPI.

By the way. I think not all ITV regions got the same Tonight programme last night. It was another Martin lewis one, this time about PPI.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Hi dj

I think i may be in the same boat as you. I took out Crap1 card in 2003 but only realised a few months ago that ai have been paying PPI.

I therefore sent CCA and SAR letters but with all the information that came back, nothing suggests that I signed up for PPI.

I am in the middle of cancelling and requesting for a refund but I'm unsure how much to claim, bearing in mind the APR was 34.9% since 2003.

Also, i did not see the Martin Lewis programme last night. Did you say crap1 have been fine innthe past for this misselling of the useless PPI?

bahoney

Hi dj

Also, i did not see the Martin Lewis programme last night. Did you say crap1 have been fine innthe past for this misselling of the useless PPI?

bahoney

If you seen any of his previous appearances you'll know that in his 'claims class' he has a blackboard with important points on it. And he mentioned you stood a good chance of getting your money back if the company had been fined in the past. Cap1 was one of the names he mentioned. I think he mentioned 5 altogether but I can't remember who the others were.

Still not 100% sure if I can claim mis-selling but as he said last night "the worst that can happen is you get nothing back"

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

If you seen any of his previous appearances you'll know that in his 'claims class' he has a blackboard with important points on it. And he mentioned you stood a good chance of getting your money back if the company had been fined in the past. Cap1 was one of the names he mentioned. I think he mentioned 5 altogether but I can't remember who the others were.

Still not 100% sure if I can claim mis-selling but as he said last night "the worst that can happen is you get nothing back"

Hello

I watched the programme on Friday and do give credit to ML for his crusade in highlighting the practice of mis-selling ppi. Unfortunately he did make it sound very easy to reclaim, what he did not say was that these companies will vigorously deny they did and will try to weddle out of paying you back anything if they can. So determination is the first rule in this process. You must not belief one word that they say to you as they will try to conceal any mis-selling buy not disclosing or not complying with requests.

The process to follow is

Get the information that you need send the full SAR

Work out the figures you need to adding contractual interest on top

Send the preliminary letter asking for it back giving 14days for response

Send the letter before action giving 14days for response

Approach the FOS or court.. If you approach the fos and they do not agree in your favour to can then go to court, but not the other way around.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I'm not sure if this helps but I figure its good background info. Cap One refunded some PPI to my bro whilst we were somewhere between PRElim and LBA. Whether this was because they were trying to appear reasonable or because they're cacking themselves I do not know.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Thanks for the info. Have now decided not to bother with this one, it will only be a few pounds anyway. I think the best thing to do is concentrate on claiming back charges on my cahoot account and to cca Halitax.

Paid in full in March 07

Thanks for the info. Have now decided not to bother with this one, it will only be a few pounds anyway. I think the best thing to do is concentrate on claiming back charges on my cahoot account and to cca Halitax.

Hello dh,

Really sorry If I put you off with my post, it was really not my intention, I just wanted you to know that it my not be that easy, but then again if it only for a few of your well earned cash it would be.

Why should they keep your money, it was yours, please reconsider.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

No you didn't put me off. I think it's just that I'm getting lazy this past while. As Martin Lewis said "the worst that can happen is that you get nothing back". So I suppose I'll just have to get my finger out and get some letters printed. :D

Paid in full in March 07