RMA Advice

Dom1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, newbie here, first of all think its great what youve done here just wish id heard about it sooner.

Problem: I have an outsanding debt with RMA/NCO who are apparently working on behalf of Barclaycard. Back in August Barclays rang me asking if i would like to up my payments from £20 to £25 as i was just paying of the interest as i am on a year out from Uni and now earning more money I agreed. The payment needed to paid by the 25th of August so i gave £25 to my mum to pay in to barclays on the 23rd for which i have a stamped reciept. 10 days later i get a call from RMA saying that they have taken over the account and i need to pay the outstanding amount in full, blah blah, i said i had not deferred on the account and had proof however they were persisitent that Barclays would not now accept any correspondence from myself. very frustrating!

After a humiliating run through of my expenditure each month it was agreed that I would up the payment to £26 just a £1 more! I paid this on my mothers credit card because they insited that a direct debit or standing order could not be facilitated? no explanation just that it could not be done.

I was anoyed by this as I thought it a ploy to make me miss my payment, so i rang up and spoke to a girl, saying i just needed the bank details to set up the dstanding order to which she agreed. I have now got 2 bank statements of payments i have made to RMA for £26. (ALL SORTED NOW I THOUGHT GET BACK ON WITH NORMAL LIFE) however i got a call 10 days ago from a RMA rep saying i need to pay the full amount or the balifs will be called in, i have had 26 phone calls in 10 days both on my works mobile and my mothers home phone, which are particuarly distressing here.

yesterday i recieved a letter detailing notice before legal proceedings and I am really unsure as to the next plan of attack, any advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated,

with regards

Dom

FIRST

NEVER EVER SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE ON THE PHONE. THEY WILL TRY TO GET YOU TO AGREE TO ANYTHING.

The first thing you should do is establish whether these muppets have proof of the debt and proof of their right to collect on it. This is simply done by sending them a CCA request along with a £1 postal order. Once they prove the debt exists and they have a legal right to collect then you can agree a payment plan that suits YOU.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html letter N

Yes I agree with OCD.

NEVER, EVER SPEAK TO THESE PLONKERS ON THE PHONE.

They are aggressive, insulting and will try every underhanded trick in the book to get more money out of you.

I too had my Mastercard account passed to them without any notice from Barclayshark.

Do as previously advised and send a CCA request to them. They will most likely ignore it as they have done with mine and continue to pursue collection. But this only adds more ammunition to your case should they take you to court.

As a matter of interest who did the letter 'Notice before legal proceedings' come from, them or Westminster Solicitor?

Dom1982,

I too have had dealings with RMA - and they refused to facilitate a DDebit or S/Order payment. They continually harass to increase the payments, and send out Notice Before Proceedures via 2 x solicitors in London.

Currently I have complaints about them under investigation by TS, FOS, ICO and the Legal Complaints Service (formerly the Law Society)

As more experienced campaigners will tell you - send a 'harrassment letter to them to stop the phone calls, and only deal by post.

Regards

Mike8

cheers for the advice chaps I think il start with the CCA. Just to clarify the letter was from Westminster Solicitors based in London, they really are relentless.
Seem to be RMA's pet solicitors.:rolleyes: