CCA to CSL...please help?

kopw

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Credit Solutions Ltd sent me a letter last year regarding a debt I had with Amex, informing me that I owed £140.00. Being a good boy, I duly paid. At the time I had not heard of this amazing site.

I thought I had cleared this debt and looked back through my old diaries I found that I still owed them £34.00.

In September, I sent CSL a S.A.R request using one of the template letters off this site. Yesterday, I received a bundle of statements from Amex up to September 2005, showung a balance of £169.

I would like some advice as to what I do next. Do I contact Amex and ask for the remainder of the statements, given that I have complied with the letter from their agents, CSL, or do I contact CSL again and tell them I want all the payment details.

If I am to contact Amex, should I include another cheque fro £10.00. I made the last one out to CSL.

Please help, Thanks, kopw

Are CSL/Amex claiming you owe them anything?

If not, I don't see why you think you should be doing ANYTHING:confused:

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Hi,

I have phoned CSL a number of times asking for written confirmation of the status of this debt, i.e. that it has been settled. On every ocassion, CSL have agreed to send such confirmation. So far, I have received nothing. I don't want some other lowlife DCA knocking on my door in the future demanding payment on a debt I have already settled.

The truth is that I am so p**sed off with CSL for not sending confirmation simply because they were willing enough to be complete cu*ts on the phone when they first contacted me demanding payment.

I just thought that it would be worth £10 just to be a complete and utter cu*nt in return and I might get my confirmation into the bargain.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

Thanks all, kopw