Can they do this?

Surfer01

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened an account with Nationwide in 2000 and about 2 years later added my spouse to the account As a result of the bank charges issue I decided to open a parachute account with A & L in my name only. I arranged to have all my DDs transferred across etc but Nationwide blocked this stating that in order to do this they required consent from both parties. My spouse has never raised a DD as it was my signature only on all the DDS. I can understand it if it was a joint DD but none were in our joint name.

The idea was that all DDs woudl be on the A& L account where my salary would be paid in and Nationwide would have the benefit of my wife's weekly wage while we reduced the overdraft.

As a result I had to close the parachute account and I am still stuck with Nationwide. Can Nationwide legally prevent DDs being transferred across to a new account? I suppose i could have cancelled the DDs with Nationwide and raised new ones on the new accountbut I was concerned something would go astray and we may miss a payment or for whatever reason incur more charges which we have been trying to avoid for sevedral months.

I agree but the new account was in my name only and when I tried to add her on, it was a total nightmare. Looks like I will have to pursue it from a different angle.

Any one agree that it seems like the Nationwide are being abit vondictive because I have raised a claim against them?

Your wife would only be required to sign to transfer the DD's if you were both required to jointly sign everything on the account, I beleive that they are just being difficult, but vindictiveness would be a hard thing to prove

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed