anyone have a relevant letter template? Council Tax/Equita

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, sorry to bother you all but all this council tax/bailiff stuff is such a minefield!! just wondered if anyone knows of any appropriate letter templates floating around anywhere? the story is...

was paying council £30 per month to pay off council tax debt of £350. made two payments but then me and partner both lost jobs and had a real fun time temping, bringing in no money etc so missed two payments but DEFINITELY INFORMED COUNCIL OF ALL THIS. we rang them on numerous occasions and promised to resume payments at the end of this month which am now in a position to do and they said was ok.

received a posted letter yesterday from equita regarding liability order passed to them.

we have never received any liability order docs so assumed paying council at end of oct was ok - otherwise would obviously have done something about LO!!

phoned council today and told that LO was sent out on 22nd sept but of course we never got this - prob due to postal strike. basically told tough **** by council and write a letter to finance dept about not receiving liability order etc, so am wondering if you know of any good letter templates regarding the getting rid of the bailiffs and just dealing with the council as equita have already added on £42.50 for above mentioned posted letter and they are a bunch of complete w******s and obviously dont want to incur anymore ridiculous charges - or deal with them at all if poss!

Read Some of My Posts

I have posted every where silly me.

I am working on a Template for everyone to use.

Otherwise wait for someone to advise you

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

Can anyone tell me if this is ok or ammedments that need to be made? would be much appreciated....

26th October 2007

Re: Unpaid Council Tax Arrears of £320.55

Property:XXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

I understand xxxxxxxx City Council have appointed you to recover my Council Tax arrears of £320.55. A liability order has been passed to you that I had no notification of, and of which I was completely unaware.

I received a letter from you on 25/10/2007 stating that a liability order had been passed to you and you were to collect the sum of £363.05 – an amount already with unlawful and fraudulent additional costs of £42.50.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that I am fully aware of my rights and bailiffs will not gain entry to my home under any circumstances to levy goods and I know the fees allowed under statute and when these fees can be applied.

To be clear, I received no notification of a court summons or liability order from xxxxxxxxxxx City Council or the magistrates’ court prior to xxxxxxxxxx City Council passing this debt to you.

Although I am aware that payments should normally be made to you directly, on this occasion I have major concerns regarding this, as it would appear that from the very limited time you have had this debt, you have managed to apply additional fees of £42.50 without an adequate explanation.

Following a conversation I had on 25/10/07 with one of your advisors Joel, reachable (apparently, but to no joy since) on 01604258473 regarding payment arrangements, he could not give me a satisfactory explanation of what those fees were for, considering the only contact I have had from you is one letter received by post.

Due entirely to these circumstances, I have decided to pay the full amount owed, directly to xxxxxxxx City Council, as I have serious concerns that dealing with yourselves would lead to excessive and fraudulent fees that are not in line with statutory legislation.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask you to provide me with a complete breakdown of your fees regarding this debt so far, which I am entitled to receive from you within 14 days.

Please be aware that at no time have I refused to pay my Council Tax arrears, and prior to your company being involved, regular payments were being made directly to xxxxxxxxx City Council.

I have sent a copy of this letter to xxxxxxxx City Council in addition to my full and final payment, and please be aware that a formal complaint has been made with the county court against yourselves and xxxxxxxxx City Council regarding appropriate procedures not being taken, concerning notifying me correctly regarding the liability order summons.

Yours Faithfully,