BW Collections.... can you spot the connection ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Those of us with who can remember the Bailiff Watchdog and its MD, may be as surprised as I was to spot the connection behind this new subsidiary venture and its parent company.... The Watchdog seems to be batting for the other side these days.... :cool:

http://www.bwcollections.co.uk/index-1.html

Any thoughts ?.... :-?

BW Solutions is a trading subsidary of Bailiff Watchdog Ltd and began trading in August 2006.

The Company began with a philosphy and a set of values that sought to find a balance with debt collection and Enforcement that gained results and broke the image of what is seen as a "Bailiff" and "debt collector".

The Company believes that "aggresive collections" and "intimidation", endless "red letters" and clamping at 5am is a thing of the past. There are better ways of collection that protect your reputation and gain the same results.

We set about to look at collections with an innovative approach that would derive the same results for you the client, or individual, gain payment or seize or repossess goods from even the most difficult and ellusive debtors, but in a manner that is Assertive not Aggresive.

So if you are looking for a 21st Century Company, that believes there is a better more innovative way to collections and your reputation is important, then you have found the right Company

Provided that you have a valid CCA?????????????????

"The Watchdog" was defending against bailiffs when she was active on these forums.... Now, the company appears to be trying to carve itself a niche in the debt collection market. That was my point...

Bailiff Watchdog started up in 2006, but was closed down a while back.... This this little venture however, has been active since 1st October 2007. I wonder who/what supplied the incentive to switch sides, so to speak.... :cool:

The Company believes that "aggresive collections" and "intimidation", endless "red letters" and clamping at 5am is a thing of the past.

We check that a CCA exists and we have the original to produce in court before we take it on. ( I Wish)

There are better ways of collection that protect your reputation and gain the same results.

You can hide behind us (for a Percentage of the people who pay)

We set about to look at collections with an innovative approach that would derive the same results for you the client, or individual,

If anyone has got the first clue what they are taking , please let me know.

gain payment or seize or repossess goods from even the most difficult and ellusive debtors,

We will send sh1t letters

but in a manner that is Assertive not Aggresive.

We will send sh1t letters

So if you are looking for a 21st Century Company, that believes there is a better more innovative way to collections and your reputation is important, then you have found the right Company.

We will send letters that say we are from you but our name will be at the top.

I think your assessment of Alison is a bit harsh Priority One.

When she was on the forum, and in her Company [bailiff Watchdog] she

always did her best to give helpful advice and railed against the jackboot

methods employed by some bailiff companies and Dcas.

Because she only charged £30 I think, in most cases, no way could that hope

to finance an office with around 6 employees, especially as she was also

being harassed by the bully boys in the bailiff fraternity.

I can understand that you are dismayed by her going from gamekeeper to

poacher, and though your thread came as a surprise to me, I do not react

in the same way as you.

When so many of us fall behind in our repayments, often all we need is a

couple of months breathing space before being able to recommence something

like our previous commitments. And what we actually get are additional charges added to our debt [usually unlawfully] followed by veiled and not so veiled threats.

If Alison can direct her talents to providing a more sympathetic approach to

debtors in trouble, and by the look of it, making contact quickly before the debt begins to overwhelm, then surely that is more desirable than ending up

with bailiffs knocking at the door.

The often shock and reality to a Debtor when a Collection Agent arrives is where our Agents excel in the field for their ability to instantly assess a situation to gain the best result.

I'm still learning English is seems. I never realised that ment the same as intimidation.

They have obviously realised that there is more money to be made from working with the dca's than against them.

• Haha 1

If Alison can direct her talents to providing a more sympathetic approach to debtors in trouble, and by the look of it, making contact quickly before the debt begins to overwhelm, then surely that is more desirable than ending up with bailiffs knocking at the door.

Bottom line.... She is now being paid by companies to collect debts. Therefore, IMO, this is another money-making venture involving the vulnerable, however hard the attempt to dress it up with elements of sympathy.

I'm assuming that she was also banned from these forums for charging ?.... as Laiste apparently was ?

There's a lot of conflicting information out there about Bailiff Watchdog as it is.... :cool:

She did have some very positive things said about her and the company when she was prominent on these forums, so I can only assume that they set out with good intentions.... which is why I find it sad that it's now apparently become more lucrative for her/them to chase instead....

She certainly hasn't been banned as her name still comes up if you attempt to PM her. When she was charging for her work that she was doing via her website, the forum obviously would not allow her company name to be linked

in any threads, though you may remember that when she reintroduced her free service, the link was reinstated.

I find myself unable to defend someone that goes from... running a company to see off unscrupulous bailiffs.... to offering a free service doing the same.... to then setting themselves up as a DCA !!:mad:

The original username has been changed on these forums.... and has been inactive for months. Presumably for the reasons listed above. :rolleyes:

As far as I am aware she always went under "Bailiff Watchdog" though I accept that she hasn't been active on the forum for a while-my point was that she had not been banned.

I remember she had some feisty spats with Blf1uk, and at least one of the big

bailiff companies was taking her to Court. Whether she has taken the view that if you can't beat them by opposing them, maybe she can beat them by

adopting different tactics to them and taking their potential clients away from them which may be a better way to improve the lot of debtors.

Username was changed to MizzPiggy a while back. I am also aware that court action is being taken againt her/the company by a bailiff company, as they are mentioned on several sites.

I beg to differ with your analogy though Lookin'. Bailiff Watchdog began as a company, but the very nature of it's business would never have made it viable as a money-making venture and the charity status didn't last long.

If money was never the objective and their intentions had been genuinely noble from the outset, then I don't believe they would have considered morphing into a DCA themselves now....

Time will tell, I suppose....

It does all seem rather strange - perhaps you could email and ask her about it?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I'm not a supporter of the DCA industry in any shape or form.... so my view will always be biased against them.

If the original creditors dealt with debt cases themselves instead of farming them out to companies out to make a fast buck, people wouldn't be in such a mess in the first place.

:)

Too true, but as they do 9and will continue to do so for the foreseeable) I'd prefre to deal with one with a shred of decency.

Perhaps this one will be?

Or am i naive?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I'm not a supporter of the DCA industry in any shape or form.... so my view will always be biased against them.

If the original creditors dealt with debt cases themselves instead of farming them out to companies out to make a fast buck, people wouldn't be in such a mess in the first place.

:)

I Completely agree! In my humble opinion, creditors pass debts on, often needlessly to DCAs, who lets face it, are ****. Snazzy websites with all the "right intentions" dribble, cannot hide the fact that it's a DCA, trying to making a quick profit out of peoples misery. If that's not morally wrong then I don't know what is!

• Haha 1

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

In an ideal world creditors would handle their own problems. But with the CCA

proving to be such a minefield for them, and ever more assertive and

knowledgeable debtors [thanks to sites like this] it seems that any change to that scenario will be less likely in the foreseeable future.

Anyway, it looks as if we are going to have to agree to disagree over Alison and her new venture. From my point of view I agree with Tiglet when she says "better to deal with someone with a shred of decency." And if you look over her website, she is still giving details

on how to challenge bailiffs etc. so she hasn't completely abandoned the

Watchdog side of her original plan.

I am not sure if she will be buying debts or just acting as an agent [and in the latter case she would scarcely be making a fast buck].

The website has been closed for months... as has the company, so i'm not sure what website you're referring to Lookin', hence my opening suggestion that "Bailiff Watchdog" was now batting for the other side....

If you go to this part of the website-

Certificated Bailiffs

and click on "Bailiff Advice ONline" you will see that she still puts up info

for those affected by bailiffs.

From Certificated Bailiffs -

"BW Solutions Team is the "NEW" face to the Industry with an exciting innovative approach to Enforcement. Exciting debt collection? Call it a necessary evil if you really must, but exciting...? With state of the art technology that gives you real time access and real time accountability while our agents are in the field, it is our philosophy that is set to make us the Market Leaders." Competition born out of debt problems. Fantastic.

Says it all I reckon. Then you can visit - Bailiff advice,bailiffs,parking charges,bailiff fees,congestion charges,fines,anpr,csa,council tax Where you can pay £1 per minute for advice over the phone, and £1.50 per template download.

Maybe I'm being harsh? But the point for me is, would anyone with "a shred of decency" be making a profit out of peoples debt problems?

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

Another point which I found interesting was how Alison's name was plastered over everything to do with Bailiff Watchdog.... when they were apparently working for the public, but is nowhere in sight now that she has set up in business as a debt collector... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1