• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Turning in to my mother

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh my God, Im turning into my mother,

My 17yr old son, went out the other night, lets just say both hubby & I were up all night, 1st he didnt come home until 3am and then decided to vomit wereever he could find a space, almost impailed himself on his bed post, fell over the dog, before falling into a deep sleep, of course we couldnt sleep incase he chocked to death in his sleep.

for 2 days now, I have found myself reapeating the following.

You do you think you are.

You have no consideration for me or your dad.

You are only 17, we trusted you.

While your my responsability you will do has you are told.

While you live under my roof.

Oh God, my mum warned me this day would come someday.

A Very tired and streesed, Brecken xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh Brecken, it comes to us all, it is our mothers final revenge on us for the way that we acted as teenagers.

"Just who do you think you are talking to young lady"

"You are not leaving my house looking like that"

"Turn that music down, its rubbish"

"I wouldnt have dreamed of talking to my parents like that"

need I go on? LOL

He reminds me of my 21st, dont remember getting home, or puking all the way upstairs, Dad cleaned it up which was miraculous in itself as I have never met anyone as squeemish as him. To this day, it is all a blank.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Yes I understand where you are coming from, I have said things to my kids and thought where have I heard that before, then it dawns on me !!!!! my mother

The other day I was going on at my son who turned 18 yesterday,he was reeling off all the things he could do when he turned 18.....when my son-in-law came through he said to me you know who you sound like? and I had to admit yes my Mother:o

It happens to us all:D

My eldest is only 12 and I am already sounding like my mother.:eek:

"No you are not going out dressed like that!"

"Don't slam the door"

"No you cannot borrow my make up"

"Go and tidy up your pig sty of a bedroom"

etc..etc..etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

The best thing about it is when I told my mum what had happened do you know what she said.

"poor lad, stop giving him a hard time, Im sure he feels bad enough without you 2 having a go at him"

How two faced is that, I would have got battered for less.

I KNOW, they seem to forget the hell they put us through and then defend our kids when they are miles worse than we were :confused:

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Of course there is another way of looking at this :) I think my son is turning into me he even "borrows" my clothes to go out.

he is only 15 but how can I tell him off when I know I was going into pubs and getting served at that age, my view is as long as he is sensible its ok, and I have told him that too.

I think my son turning into me is much better than me turning into my dad

Of course there is another way of looking at this :) I think my son is turning into me he even "borrows" my clothes to go out.

he is only 15 but how can I tell him off when I know I was going into pubs and getting served at that age, my view is as long as he is sensible its ok, and I have told him that too.

I think my son turning into me is much better than me turning into my dad

I'm assuming you are a bloke castlebest, otherwise I would be very worried if your son was borrowing your clothes to go out in.

brecken ... when my lad came home in that condition (he was only 15 at the time) ... i didnt waste my breath with the lecture sent him upstairs to bed ....... he was doing an impression of Rick O'Shay up the stairs so i called him back down. Said something totally irrelevant to him and sent him back on his way. I let him get half way up then shouted him down again ..... did this about 3 or 4 times each time it was taking him longer to get up and down the stairs. The real punishment was making him get up the next morning to come shopping with us.

I know im a cruel mother but hey was better than what i really wanted to do to him lol

He has just informed me, he is going to a halloween party on Wed, what a same Im working night shift, his dad will have to see to him, never mind might give his dad a taste of what I've had to put up with over the last 21 years, like father like son.

Brecken xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm assuming you are a bloke castlebest, otherwise I would be very worried if your son was borrowing your clothes to go out in.

Fortunatly yes I'm a bloke and we are only talking shirts and jackets. I have even taught him to iron the shirts :D.

Wow. I am impressed Pete, I think that you are one of the rare males that can iron. My OH always tries and tries to iron his shirt. I usually take pity on him and take over (or maybe he just makes it look difficult so that I take over :rolleyes: ).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I am DEFINITELY turning into my mother.

People can no longer leave the house without being fed, I iron duvet covers and constantly scream at the kids.

I just need to shrink half a foot, put on two stone, grow a moustache and start speaking italian and I'm there!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

ROFLMFAO if you put on 2 stone, you will never get into Upsey Daisys dress again, however much she may want you too lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

she shouldnt be letting anyone "poke" at all ;)

and what was all that with Makka Pakka cleaning the nether regions of the Haa Hoos with his Pears soap!!! tut tut, the Haa Hoo was enjoying it, it had a far off expression in his eyes

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

The Ha Hoos are the geriatric patients, remember? probably too afr gone on valium to know what the hell was happening.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

You two are turning the Bear Garden into the Night Garden.

:p

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Yes, but the Pontipines ARe friends of mine, although they're only small ...

Jeebus, i've GOT to go to BED!!!

I know how Upsy Daisy feels now - maybe she's not a nymphomaniac but a narcoleptic.