Lloyds TSB OH's debt - Anyone heard of DM Limited????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any judge in their right mind would take a very dim view of the conduct of DM Ltd in this matter, especially since they also contacted your son say he also had to pay this alledged debt back!

I think a TS complaint is coming on, am I right in remembering you have made TS complaints before?

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Thanks so much to you all guys :)

ODC no they have not responded to the CCA request, the last thing they sent was their "special reduced offer of repayment" letter offering a 25% discount if I paid them immediately...which of course I ignored.

ODC I have the recorded delivery slip to prove via track and trace that they received my CCA request, and the date it was received/signed for etc.

I also have the actual letter they sent to my SON's address chasing this same alleged debt as you've mentioned tooth_fairy. :mad:

I am dealing with TS regarding CrapOne's behaviour, I reckon I need to alert them to the behaviour of these bozos asap now!

Letter will be going off to DM tomorrow via Special Delivery and TS will be contacted too.:mad: :mad:

Back soon when I have an update.

Love Spiritgirl x

Love Spiritgirl x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

I reckon I need to alert them to the behaviour of these bozos asap now!

Yes you most certinly do, if they go to court the judge will not be impressed.

Also, as ODC states, get an official complaint into DM Ltd.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Forgot to ask, who are DM acting on behalf of? The OC should be included in any complaint as DM are acting on their behalf.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hiya rory

According to their paperwork they are acting for Lloyds TSB.

Its the same alleged debt that BCW hounded my OH for originally, and after I found CAG I sent them on their way with a CCA request (to which they never responded).

Next in line to chase him was SC&M, Lloyds' Solicitors. They got a CCA request as well and didn't respond, so this has done the rounds.

It all went quiet for a while and then this shower have reared their ugly heads.

If SC&M cannot find an agreement and they are the Solicitors for Lloyds, what on earth is going on??? This shower are most definitely trying it on big time aren't they?

Anyhow a suitable letter is going off to them (thanks to everyone for their help with the letter) and I am also writing to TS about them and enclosing copy correspondence, so we shall see what happens.

Love Spiritgirl x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hiya guys

OH got the following card from these clowns today:-

"I confirm I will be calling between 5.30 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. If inconvenient please contact Mr XXXX on XXXX" Regards Mr XXXX.

No date when they are calling mind you, and their Edinburgh address is on the card.

Please can someone advise me as I am pretty sure we can tell them to go forth and multiply if they turn up on the doorstep, as they don't have any authority to "call" (i.e., no court order).

Is there a letter in templates to give them at the door before I shut it in their face if they call?

My OH is worried but I told him I am pretty sure we are not duty bound to invite them in and I would ask you guys for some advice.

Thanks friends

Love Spiritgirl x

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending "doorstep callers" to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.Yours sincerely,

(((rory))) wish I could give you a big hug :)

Thanks for this. I shall type a copy up and leave it by the door to hand to the bar stewards IF they turn up, and I'll also post a copy by recorded delivery to them tomorrow.

Meantime I was doing a bit of searching on here and found another thread from a CAGer in a similar situation in August. You had helped him too rory, and nobody had turned up on his doorstep in any case. Another CAGer had said to note the term on the card "I confirm I will be CALLING" (so it could mean by phone).

Anyhow I just wanted to say a big thanks, OH has gone for a shower feeling a lot calmer now, so I feel better cos he's not so upset.

((((((((((thank you)))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

Love Spiritgirl x

Spiritgirl. Do not worry. It is highly unlikely that any of these clowns will call. All they are doing is trying to get your OH to contact them as they can only bully people on the phone. In the highly unlikely event that one of these 'people' actually do turn up dont ask them to leave TELL THEM TO LEAVE. If they refuse then contact your local police to report a breach of the peace.

These so called ''Doorstep Collection Agents'' have NO LEGAL POWER whatsoever. In fact the person delivering your pizza has more right to be on your property. I hope you have reported these mongrels to Trading Standards, the Original Creditor as well as asking for details of their own Internal Complaints procedure. You have the law on your side and they seem to think they are above the law with their breaches.

Hiya ODC

Yes my OH has reported them to TS in no uncertain terms. We've heard nothing back yet but its still early days. TS now have copies of all the ridiculous correspondence DM have sent including the correspondence they sent to our SON at his address for the same alleged debt :mad:

We will definitely tell them to leave if they do turn up!!

((((((((thanks so much)))))))))). OH says thanks too!

Love Spiritgirl

IF and it is a very big fat IF they have the cheek to call at your house, I'd say, I'll communicate via the letterbox. 'Mr DM Ltd, I'll just get my purse to give you some dosh' grab and tenner, make him put his hand through the letterbox to get it......then I'd give him a piece of paper that tells him in no uncertain terms to duck off. That's if I was kind....there's no telling what I'd do if I was mad!!!

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Yes normally when they say they will be calling they mean will give you a phone. However it is deliberately worded to make you think they'll be popping round. Remember DCA's very rarely make house calls and even when they do they have no legal powers.

Morning friends :)

Well there was no doorstep caller from DM but there WERE two phone calls between those hours, which we deliberately ignored and let the answerphone kick in. When I checked - sure enough it was the same number so they kept to their word in that they "called" didn't they? ;)

They can "call" till the desert freezes over and camels go skating home for all I care, as they will be ignored. Letter has gone off to them today which you advised me on rory, and a copy is here which I will shove into the hands of their doorstep callers if any arrive.

You all helped us so much yesterday and a big,big thank you to you.

Creation Finance are now phoning again btw. I told them I won't discuss things on the phone. The last contact I had with this OC was from a DCA back in summer, who I saw off with a copy of my original CCA letter to the OC. I told the DCA that the alleged debt was unenforceable without a CCA, so presumably they have sent it back to the OC now and the vicious circle will begin again LOL. Well let them get on with it. If any nastiness starts I will report Creation to TS as well! LOL the guy at TS will know me intimately at this rate!!!

Love Spiritgirl x

Spiritgirl you can now report Creation to TS for demanding money whilst in breach of your CCA request. I would do this and Demand from Creation a copy of their Complaints Procedure. Give them 10 Days to supply you with this. If they fail to do so you can then report them to the FOS who will charge them £400 to investigate your complaint.

Thanks ODC :)

I will sort this one out tomorrow and get the letter off.

Love Spiritgirl x

Hiya friends :)

Someone called "Catherine" has been phoning regularly from DM, saying she wants to speak to my OH. She has also been phoning his mobile but he's ignored it and let voicemail kick in. She puts on a pleasant voice and asks for him by his first name only, and then leaves her number (which is the one on their letters :rolleyes: )

My OH suggested last night that when she phones again I screech at her something along the lines of:

"Oh my God, so you finally phoned our land line then, how DARE you - he has left me now because of you and I am starting divorce proceedings! You are nothing but a marriage wrecker, and you have the AUDACITY to phone on the home line, its bad enough you ringing his mobile but you now have the CHEEK to phone the landline and speak to me, what kind of a woman are you????????? get off this line you cheeky hard faced mare"

Roflmao - could you imagine if I did that?????????? :lol: :lol:

Love Spiritgirl x

ODC the letter you suggested earlier in this thread has gone off to DM and I have informed TS in full of their antics and sent copies of all the correspondence. Am just waiting to hear back now, but knowing TS it won't be for a while. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for your help.

Love Spiritgirl x

Hi again friends:)

Well we have received 2 letters re DM this morning - the first one is a letter from their "Solicitors" (???) Russell & Aitken - interestingly in the same type face as DM's letters, on a VERY similar looking letterheaded paper and with the exact same spelling mistakes (!!) threatening Mr Spiritgirl with court action if he doesn't make contact with DM by phone immediately - that letter was dated earlier this week.

And a letter dated two days AFTER the above, from DM themselves (their compliance officer) - this time with Mr Spiritgirl's correctly spelled name and address, apologising profusely for their behaviour and advising that this account is now on "hold" while they request "an agreement" (their words!) from Lloyds TSB!!! and will look into his complaint. THIS letter is no doubt in response to the wonderfully worded one which rory and ODC helped me with, and it has no doubt put the cat amongst the pigeons LOL since they now know its with trading standards. The twice daily phone calls from "Catherine" and her buddies have suddenly stopped as well!

Meantime what do we do about the plonkers Russell & Aitken whose letter is dated before the one from DM? Do we ignore them or shall we write back and tell them to go forth and multiply as this is now in the hands of DM Compliance Officer?

Oh, in the letter from the Complaince Officer they state that my OH last made a payment on this account in September this year, which is total and utter bowlarks!

They say they never received his CCA and have asked us to provide a copy of the letter and proof of delivery to them. They have also apologised for the content of a previous letter which they state was "wrong" - goodness knows which one as they have ALL been "wrong" - they are total J arthur rankers the lot of them!!:evil:

So what would you do now? What would you write, if anything, to their solicitors with the dodgy letterheaded paper :p ...am I a cynic here, why do I think its probably from the SAME office as DM guys!!!!!

Hope you're all having a nice weekend. My back has gone into spasm now and am on muscle relaxants to relieve the pain; never a dull moment in this household!

Love Spiritgirl x

Here you go Send the so called solictors this short but sweet letter

Account In Dispute

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref : xxxxx

Your Client : XXXX

I refer to your letter of xx/xx/2007, which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to remind a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); received by XX DCA XX on xx/xx. I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you.

Should your client now persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by XXX DCA XX under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

Yours faithfully,

Damn! I could have done with that for HFC's solicitors, ODC. :rolleyes:

Spiritgirl, i'm glad there's been some climbdown. It gives you some breathing space.

PLEASE look after your back and you!!

:) xxx

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

ODC - thanks so much for that. I will send it off tomorrow.

Hopeful1 - (((hugs))) thanks for thinking of me. I'm still hobbling about its bloomin' painful :rolleyes: Trouble is these painkillers make me constipated LOL...or is that too much information :p

Love SG x

Trouble is these painkillers make me constipated LOL...or is that too much information :p

Love SG x

I think a line has been crossed there SG :D There's no going back now - friends forever!!

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.