• Tweets

• Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
    • 2. Is correct disregard 1. You must attend ad per the order 
    • Confirmed with Central Contact Centre that the hearing is 24th, disappointed I can't speak directly with the local county court I have to email the local court apparently is the only way. The agent couldn't explain the discrepancy between the two letters, she sounded very confused. If they were identical letters in wording but only dates were different I would feel ok, slightly worried the wording differs...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Loyds new bank charges

spruce8020
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We all could probably live within means if it wasn't for all the jumped up charges they keep adding - how the heck am I supposed to pay 215 per month on an account I don't use and charges were the interest anyway which have aken me over. Coz of circumstances money coming in don't equate to going out ( I wish) not on benefits so can't go down that road. Also AL not let mortgage payment go out again so 90 charges off them (again) and 62 at least plus agro off mortage company

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a right old banter with the collections agency for Lloyds because of these new charges - was actually told they were not approved as yet and on next statement it would give the top amount you would be expected to pay (more that the 215) or other sums if in less debt than me. Also told my oh that banks would win test case - would like to get that tape recording of conversation.

Just had a right old banter with the collections agency for Lloyds because of these new charges - was actually told they were not approved as yet and on next statement it would give the top amount you would be expected to pay (more that the 215) or other sums if in less debt than me. Also told my oh that banks would win test case - would like to get that tape recording of conversation.

Collections don't seem to know what they're talking about half the time. I re-arranged my overdraft via them after they removed my old one without warning. Was told the new arrangement would be £65 a month including interest, then received a letter yesterday confirming the arrangement to be £31 a month for the next 6, no mention of interest. Going to have to call/write to them again to find out what they actually want me to pay. :rolleyes:

Surely if these charges haven't been approved we shouldn't be paying them anyway and certainly not having to go through a collections agency to sort the muck out. some right pedantic b's on there too.

PJ you must ring them back because 1st call to them gave me total wrong info {apparently} was told a much larger figure for interest and payback and given an amount that I had to pay back - wrong, shouldn't have been told that, no idea where figure came from and besides we 'estimate' what the charge will be to calculate. Think I need to train for a degree in accountancy or b***s***. (p.s my agreement went from 6 months to 10 months before a review)

The FSA profess to regulate the financial services industry and, simultaneously, help retail customers achieve a fair deal. The following is taken from the FSA Waiver:

“(2) Whilst this direction is in force, the firm (bank) has agreed with the FSA to have regard to its obligations under the general law and the Banking Code relating to relevant charges complaints. In particular, the firm has agreed with the FSA that it will not:

(a) make materially adverse changes in the level of its unauthorised overdraft charges (or in the ways that it applies such charges to its customers' accounts) which could amount to customer abuse”

Els

The FSA profess to regulate the financial services industry and, simultaneously, help retail customers achieve a fair deal. The following is taken from the FSA Waiver:

“(2) Whilst this direction is in force, the firm (bank) has agreed with the FSA to have regard to its obligations under the general law and the Banking Code relating to relevant charges complaints. In particular, the firm has agreed with the FSA that it will not:

(a)make materially adverse changes in the level of its unauthorised overdraft charges (or in the ways that it applies such charges to its customers' accounts) which could amount to customer abuse”

Els

Can I use this quote when I address Lloyds over our recent collection of charges for £300+?

I'm disgusted that I have been charged this much and am looking for help on my thread.

Has anybody had any luck using the right of appropriation for funds in your account to be allocated to certain needs eg. mortage, council tax etc?

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Can I use this quote when I address Lloyds over our recent collection of charges for £300+?

I'm disgusted that I have been charged this much and am looking for help on my thread.

Has anybody had any luck using the right of appropriation for funds in your account to be allocated to certain needs eg. mortage, council tax etc?

Night Owl

Yes, of course, Night Owl, it's what LTSB signed up to when they applied for the waiver.

Not sure if RoA has been successful outside of benefits, so I'll check and let you know.

Els

(a)make materially adverse changes in the level of its unauthorised overdraft charges (or in the ways that it applies such charges to its customers' accounts) which could amount to customer abuse”

Like for example not telling a customer he was overdrawn for 2 weeks thus allowing them to charge him an easy £300 in charges? :rolleyes:

so i can claim over £135 a month off them?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

reading this thread with interest as i have similar issues with LTSB. Earlier this year they hit me with approx £380 in charge over three months , so i began the process of preliminary request etc.

I started to pay all my salary etc into a different account. Collections centre started to chase me and i agreed to pay in £50 every 2 weeks until the balance was cleared. Lloyds then set this up as an overdraft even though i did not ask for one, and each time a payment was made the overdraft limit was reduced.

all sounds fine until ltsb then started to reduce the overdraft to a level BELOW the current balance each time i made a payment, and then started to charge me £30 each time they dropped it for being above my "agreed overdraft" (bearing in mind i didnt ask for one so how could it be agreed).

yesterday i received the letter of their new charging structure re daily fees for up to 10 days for unplanned overdraft, and today they have added £60 in unplanned overdraft fees!!!

Glad I read this I have just heard about this - The branck manager I was talking too said they had changed thier charges inline with government recomendations - I have just gone fomr full time temp work to part time casula work and at the moment have no choice but to go for bankruptcy as soon as possible thanks in part to Lloyds and their charging policy which means my credit rating is ****e - I have no idea how I am going to get through this month I have just had to cancel my rent S/O. I am hoping another bank will give me a no averdraft account but I am not hopefull as this has wrecked my credit rating

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

The branck manager I was talking too said they had changed thier charges inline with government recomendations

Hi RedVixen, sorry to hear of your troubles.

Do you know how much LTSB have taken off you in charges?

Any chance you can ask that branch manager to show you the government recommendations that he mentioned?

You should be able to open a basic bank account, even with a bad credit rating. You can apply online and get a very quick response.

Els

Thanks elsinore - I am going to ask if they can pay straight into a savings account I have that also happened to have a cash card so I can access it - nothing in the saving account but I can at least live for a nother couple of weeks

When he mentioend government guidelines I said that there weren't any and he said that there were - Lloyds have also increased one of their credit card charges - honestly it is ****e - I am so much better with my money but htey won't let me go like thousands of others like me they just keep trying to trap us

I don't know what the charges will be next month - I only know they are charging me for charges at the moment - that is why I am nearly £200 overdrawn (£170 in charges this week) they didn't do that previously they would waive charges if charges were what had taken you over - double whammy

I am increasingly unsurprised taht hey need to raise money form somewhere this guy was an branch manager but was still not allowed to do anything other than what the computor said - he is paid well for taking no responsibility and initiative - he was a pillock (I know not all are like him) as well BTW smug and patronising

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

another letter from LTSB , under their new charging scheme they are taking £165 from me next month in unplanned o/d fee's... about to send a letter to collections centre... will quote the conditions of the waiver as pointed out by els...

had a conversation with some indian call centre from the colleections department.. what a waste of breath... went into the branch to complain... they said they cant discusss it if collections are dealing with it...

so right now lloyds charges are outstripping my agreed repayments.. because lloyds keep dropping the o/d limit below my balance every time i make a patyment and trigger more charges.. if this is not customer abuse i dont know what is!!

My savings account is with another bank and I have a response to a SAR back from Lloyds I just need to add the latest charges - now over £1000. Interestingly when they replied to the SAR they only went back five years and them put a note saying if I wanted to go back further I had to sign a form and send it back and that they would have 40 days to respond - I left that, I had the bulk of the charges so planned to estimate seeing as the cheeky sods hadn't complied with the first one

The PPI Saga

another letter from LTSB , under their new charging scheme they are taking £165 from me next month in unplanned o/d fee's... about to send a letter to collections centre... will quote the conditions of the waiver as pointed out by els...

had a conversation with some indian call centre from the colleections department.. what a waste of breath... went into the branch to complain... they said they cant discusss it if collections are dealing with it...

so right now lloyds charges are outstripping my agreed repayments.. because lloyds keep dropping the o/d limit below my balance every time i make a patyment and trigger more charges.. if this is not customer abuse i dont know what is!!

Have you tried paying a little more, like £5 and seeing if they do it again? I.e reducing it by more than what they agreed. Clear case of abuse if they do. :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
Have you tried paying a little more, like £5 and seeing if they do it again? I.e reducing it by more than what they agreed. Clear case of abuse if they do. :mad:

hi PJH,

in fact my last two paymenst were both £10 more than the agreed amount.

I finally got to talk to a guy at Andover, detailing my complaint that despite me having repaid approximately £400 pundss that my balance was no better than when i started as a result of the charges they continue to aply outstripping the agreed re-payments. I also pointed out that they keep reducing the o/d limit below the balance of the account triggering more charges.

the outcome was re-setting the o/d limit to prevent further charges being incurred, and i know have the exact details of how and when they reduce the o/d limit.

so at least i wont incurr further charges, and that puts me in a position now to start my claim against them to recover all of these charges:D

Hi everyone,

I made an appointment to go into my branch on Weds to discuss the new charges.

I called and requested a callback from my branch to arrange an appointment as I was being charged £20 per day. It took me 5 more calls over two more days to actually get somebody to call me back.

When I went in to my appointment the lady came out to find me in the waiting room 18 mins after my appointment time to tell me she was running late and couldn't see me for another 20 mins. I refused to wait and demanded to see a colleague. Finally somebody came out to get me and took me to a little office.

I told him I wanted a £2000 loan to pay off my overdraft £1400 and to cover the bank charges which are hitting my account. My partner was made redundant in Sept and since then they have been hitting me with up to £280 per month in charges and it is now out of hand!

My partner started a new job this week and I start a new job on Monday with a £14k payrise - so the new year should be good for us. Would this bank man listen? He refused me a bank loan and said he would monitor the situation over 3 months.

I am afraid I lost it.......! He must have been terrified, he had a mad woman pushed over the edge by Lloyds stood up in his office, near to tears with anger and frustration!

I told him that it had taken a week to get an appointment, my 11.00am meeting was in his colleague's diary for a week and then she couldn't see me, which is totally unacceptable. I told him that my time was just as precious as theirs and that I would get fired if I treated a customer like that. I told him that I had written six weeks ago to the charges department to see if they would reduce the charges as a goodwill gesture and I haven't even had a response. I had documentary evidence that I was starting this new job on monday and proof of the wage and still Lloyds cannot help me. And I am fed up of not being able to get hold of my branch by phone.

He must have panicked - he told me to calm down, "look at the screen, these are your charges for next month, look, I have zeroed them, you won't have any this month! Here's my card with my mobile number on it so you can get me at any time, call me if theres anything I can do for you".

I came out of there furious that its that easy for them, he simply zeroed my charges.....! I told him I would get a loan from elsewhere and that I was closing my account - I have been a customer for 14 years and have had enough! They treated me like a piece of s***.

I have a £5k claim going through which is stayed at the moment - I will close my account next week and await the outcome of the court case!

If everybody closes their account with Lloyds and goes elsewhere as a protest of these new charges maybe they will have no alternative but to listen???

Fluffy x

Well, halfway through reading that, Fluffy, I started cheering! :)

Good for you for standing up to them and refusing to be walked over.

LTSB deserve everything they get for

a) the way they treat people and

b) their offensive new charging regime.

Why not complain to the Banking Code Standards Board and send your branch a copy?

Banking Code Standards Board

Els

Hi Els,

Would that actually help? Would it count for anything?

I am so fed up with Lloyds bullying the public and acting as if they have the monopoly in the marketplace - they are not the only bank out there!

The only problem I'm faced with now is who to take my business to? I have checked on a number of sites and each one offers a different recommendation?

I can't wait until they all get their come-uppance!

Happy new year to you all x

Well done fluffy.

I sent Lloyds a letter asking for an urgent app. to see a bank manager and outlined in the letter what I wanted to discuss. I waited a week before phoneing only to be told that my letter had been passed onto another department and they couldn't give me that phone number. I asked them about my urgent app. request and she said that nobody had read my letter!!!!

I made an app. for after a 12 hour night shift (not advisable as I was steaming with rage before I got there) The app. was with a mortgage adviser and a senior bank employee. I showed them a copy of the letter I sent and they said that it was not read in branch because I had gone on to outline the bank charges claim! I said what about the rest of the letter? No they hadn't read it and when I gave it to them they weren't interested and only skimmed a quick glance over it. They gave me 7 minutes of their time and nothing was done!! They basically told me to go to CAB. I am disgusted with the response I have had to a genuine request for an urgent app. to discuss my account and financial difficulties.

I have just opened a new acc. elsewhere and will transfer my salary and D/Ds ASAP leaving the O/D with Lloyds to be paid off under my terms and conditions.

How can they get away with this patronising and unhelpfull behaviour when it does not follow the banking code? Do I have grounds to complain about this as this is disgusting behaviour?

My feathers are once again very ruffled!

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Bang on Fluffy and night Owl. I did exactly the same thing. I did not bother phoning went into branch said i wanted to speak to the manager and was not moving from the till until I saw them. Quite busy and they wanted me out. I said to the person who I saw "forget your O/d I am moving and you can chase ME for it." Went to another bank got everything they have given me and that O/d will just sit there, all i need to do is keep it in limit and no worries.

What pi$$ed me off was they refused to incease my overdraft by £100 but quite happily let me have an unplanned one at a cost of about £50.

One thing he did say was that I would need to close the account. I disagreed baecause as far as I know you can have as many acc's as you want. Does anyone know if an amount owed is in dispute can they hit you with a default ?

Would be great if eveyone did it all these minus accounts with no monies being put in.:D

4th January 2008 - Prelim sent

16th January 2008 - Standard reply - NO!