Loyds new bank charges

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4707 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently received new terms & conditions from Lloyds. They now plan to charge a fee of upto £200 per month if you have an 'unplanned overdraft' of £100 or more. How can they possibly justify this!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to them yesterday and got the impression they were going to REDUCE their charges. Apparently new tarrif is going to be as of 02/11/07.

This came up because I have just been charged and kicked off about it. He said they would be "alot less".

Anyone else heard ?

4th January 2008 - Prelim sent

16th January 2008 - Standard reply - NO!

I spoke to them yesterday and got the impression they were going to REDUCE their charges. Apparently new tarrif is going to be as of 02/11/07.

This came up because I have just been charged and kicked off about it. He said they would be "alot less".

Anyone else heard ?

Don’t be fooled.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/rates_and_charges/current_account_charges.asp

Scroll down to ‘Overdraft Charges’.

Note the clever use of words like the phrase ‘Unplanned Overdraft’, then study the charges (sorry, fees). You’ll still be royally screwed if you allow yourself to wander into an unplanned overdraft situation. They’ll be happy to let you wander in.

I particularly like the ‘maximum of 10 daily fees in a monthly billing period’. Unless, of course, your overdraft carries over into the following month, when you could incur another 10 fees!

Also, note the cunning use of the moveable billing period. If you don’t ask, you won’t know when your personal billing period starts and finishes. By the time you spot it, it’s too late. More charges (sorry, fees).

Els

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

Yup!

Plus

Returned items

Where you do not have enough available funds to make a payment and we do not agree to grant or extend an Unplanned Overdraft, you will not be able to make that payment. We will write to tell you we have declined your request.

We charge a return item fee of £20 for each unpaid item, which covers considering the request, dealing with the other bank and telling you about this service. We will charge you up to a maximum of three returned item fees a day.

Hi All,

Well i'm now well and truly up Sh*t Creek without a paddle. I've just got a letter stating that i'm £97 over my overdraft (thanks to more bank charges!) and now they're gonna charge me £20 a day until I can clear it???!!!??

Does anyone know of anything I can do to stop them?? I'm at my wits end. I'm gonna make an appointment to my local branch but with the stress the fu**ers are putting me under at the moment, i'm liable to kick off big style. Lloyds, take this as a warning!!! If i'm feeling like this there's gonna be 100's more less placid than myself

Swiss

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

Hi Swiss, it's not nice, is it?

Does anyone know of anything I can do to stop them??

Yes, pay off the excess balance straight away. I know this sounds facile and it might be very difficult for you to do so, but it’s worth the effort.

Can you stick it on a credit card? It will be cheaper.

Can you borrow from family or good friends, even if it’s £10 from each of 10 people?

Don’t give LTSB the benefit of your money. If you’re anything like me, they’ve probably had enough off you in the past!

Els

Got my letter today, unfortunately got no chance of paying my 'unplanned overdraft' this month or next month forever amen as will keep getting charged the £215, no where to borrow from either as MBNA wouldn't renew my cc even though paying the amount needed and other is with Lloyds and almost up to limit. So if there is any way of stopping/claiming from them input would be grateful.

Sinking more into despair!!

Got a claim with lloyds at the mo for refund of charges, now account is getting deeper in the red, will i be able to add these new charges to my claim when it finally gets heard?

I sent LBA yesterday

Sytra

Hi All,

I've made an appointment to see the manager at LTSB tomorrow so fingers crossed. If I don't get a satisfactory outcome and a re-imbursement of these charges then i'll close my account forthwith and arrange to pay off the overdraft at £5 a week. They can chase me for the overdraft fees but i'll reply (sarcastically) with a letter stating that i'll wait for the outcome of the "fees" test case in the High Court before deciding to pay them or not :) :) :) . Surely it works both ways

Swiss

• Haha 1

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

SWISSTONI

Will wait for your reply so can do same

Ok, no problem. My appointment is Friday though, sorry getting my days mixed up. Old age ( 38 ) and Lloyds tactics I suppose that's getting to my brain!! LOL

Swiss

SWISSTONI

Old age ( 38 )

You don't look it, Swiss!:D

Anyway, it's a good move, looking forward to reading a positive outcome.

Be interesting to see if they offer to consolidate your borrowing with a loan.:rolleyes:

Woolley, hang on in there.:)

You don't look it, Swiss!:D

Aww Thanks :wink:

It's an old photo!! :) :) :)

Swiss

SWISSTONI

Lol, try a Zurabatic Cartwheel.:)

This bank is a farce. I am writing to say I do not agree with an "unplanned" o/d and under no circumstances do I wish one to be applied. I would rather have returned items no way would i have more than 10 in a month. Any ideas on wording ?

4th January 2008 - Prelim sent

16th January 2008 - Standard reply - NO!

Any ideas on wording ?

I don't think it matters much flunky, because they'll probably only read the first line and then send you a template response.

Please excuse my cynicism!

Els

Those of you who feel that they have been further disadvantaged by the change in LTSB’s charging regime, i.e. you’re paying more now than you were before the changes, should protest as vociferously as you can.

The new charging structure is in direct contravention of the FSA waiver and the bank will be duly censured by the FSA next week.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/campaigns/bankcharges/article.html?in_article_id=426413&in_page_id=507

Els

Looks like a few of the attack squad on MSE have joined the comments. :roll:

Yes, it's all well and good to say live within your means etc, but it would be nice if the bank wouldn't change the rules without telling you in advance like they did with me.

I'm sorry my psychic powers weren't working when they removed my graduate overdraft (which I'd been paying off by arrangement) and then bumped on £240 worth of fees. :roll: