Urgent Advice Needed Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone i posted on this site back in August when my daughter got a letter from Connaught collections threatening to take her to court for bankruptcy over a citi financial debt of almost 4k which has not been paid since 2003. I did as you told me and sent them a letter asking for the original signed agreement and as you all said they never contacted us again.........until now

She has just had a letter sent to my address saying

we have recently obtained office copy entries from the land registry and note that you own/jointly own the freehold/leasehold interest for the above property as a result of this we are now passing your account to our solicitors with instructions to obtain a county court judgement against you and enforce this by way of a final charging order registered against your property. should we succeed in obtaining a final charging order we will give serious consideration to applying to the court for an 'order for sale' of your property.

The property is my property of which my daughter has no connection with it is fully paid up. what do we do, can someone help please

They are just trying to put the frighteners on your daughter, that's all. The house is not even hers, as you say.

Do you still have your proof of making that CCA request ?..... rec. delivery slip or any other written correspondence confirming that Connaught received it ?

Who is the letter from ? Connaught ?.... or a new set of muppets ?

1. I'm guessing you never received the agreement? they are committing a criminal offence by contacting you and trying to use further enforcement. You'll be able to defend any subsequent court action on the grounds of unenforceability.

2. It's not your daughter's property, it would be VERY difficult for them to obtain a charge over it, even if they *try* and use the beneficial interest argument.

3. Complain... OFT/FOS/Trading Standards

thank you both, I didnt think they would be able to get an order on my house but i did want your 'expert' advice :) the letter is from 1st Credit and i am sure i have the letter from connaught stating that they had closed the case and were passing it back. So how do i complain to the OFT/FOS/Trading standards? is there a template on the site i could use and should i write back to these people or ignore the letter?

thank you again

Sounds like Connaught have sold this one on to 1st Credit. If you are unable to locate any proof that the original CCA request was made, or any other paperwork relating to the original dispute, you will need to send a new CCA request to 1st Credit.

If you can locate proof of the original CCA request, then you can write (rec. delivery) to 1st Credit.... pointing out that the account remains in dispute through Connaught's non-compliance.

:)