Sparkler V Barclays

sparkler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My experience is pretty much the say as the rest of you: full set of statements received very promptly and have gone through them, highlighting the Unpaids Out and Paid Referrals. My question is this: how on earth do I calculate the interest I've paid on each one of these charges? Do I do it on the total amount and if so, at what level, or do I have to calculate it at each time the charge is levied. It seems incredibly complicated or am I missing something?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tedlad

Yes you can

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

My question for jendoc or anyone else who can help me: I can, of course, add up all the debit interest charges, but surely they relate to the whole overdraft, rather than that bit of it which is caused by the excess charges? How do I isolate that bit of interest which relates to the excess charges alone? I assume the interest charges are not covered by the OFT ruling?

Actually I found then the most helpful when I wanted to reach an agreement before CCCS and I actually agreed with the chairman when he said borrowing money from them was not best option when the press went to town on that that but perhaps I was little fry to them. Never the less I would consider them over the co-op who refused to stop charges at all. Still all in good time....................

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question with regards to my questionnaire. It's fairly straight forward to fill out but do I need to include a schedule of charges when i send it off?.

Also when we received the questionnaire there was a defence statement from Adrian Ruffhead (what a busy man he must be!) one bit that did stand out was a part which read

"The claim for overdraft interest was denied"

Is this quite a standard statement that they send out?, I am worried that i screwed up the calculations when i done the Money Claim form

Any help would be great,

Thanks very much

Jane ;)

• 4 weeks later...
:confused: :confused: hi my name is argirossi looked at the forum a lot but I am getting my self all confused, I am not use to doing anything or much to do with any office stuff or spread sheets, I am about to send a prlim letter, but I am not sure what I am meat to delete, I have worked out how much they owe me but I don't know what interest I am looking at... ICB or ICR I am with abbey,sorry if I seem silly but I am seriously confused and feel stupid posting this...SORRY:)

• 2 weeks later...
also can i claim back my account fees? they charge me what was £6 a month and has now gone up to £14 a month for holding an account with them???

Hi Chell, it sound like the fees you are paying are for Barclays Additions. If thats the case then you must have, like me, agreed to have that enhancement to your account (gives several benefits like travel insurance and the ability to draw on a cheque from the day its paid in etc). So I doubt that you can claim that.

This thread is a very good example of THREAD HI-JACKING.

Original post from sparkler back in August, since then, every question has been from someone else.

It must be a free for all thread...lol Think i'll join in.:rolleyes:

Ques?? How do you start a thread in the correct bank forum

Ans....right firstly read FAQ's then go HERE

Select correct bank forum e.g. barclays, then at top left of forum click on the NEW THREAD tab and post away.

emz:D

***If i've helped you in any way, please click on the SCALES to the left and add to my reputation***

Barclays Bank - £2238.33 Settled 02/01/07

Bristol & West - S.A.R sent 12/01/07

Read my successful thread

here

'Money can't buy you happiness, but it does

bring you a more pleasant form of misery'

Sorry bout that sparkler but you have to try and keep your threads all in one that way we can see your porgress and any help or advice you need will all be there so hopefully a mod can merge these all for you ! in answer to your question no they havent even went to look inside a court nevr mind us going theres really no need to panic my advice to you would be to start reading the threads pertaining to the woolwich that way you will see the progress that we have made there are a lot of members who have gone in front of you and have had very successful claims against the woolwich but really you need to start reading them yourself every step they have been through is noted there for all to see and i personally think if you do read them your mind will be put at rest you have absolutely nothing to be nervous about so best of luck to you any probs just ask someone will be along to offer you help or advice ok now settle down !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

This thread has been formed by merging Seventeen different threads. Would you please keep all questions to the same thread.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Sparkler, may I suggest that if you dont get a response, either 'bump' the thread or PM a moderator? :)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|