Halifax Default-5yrs old only entered to credit file after I reclaimed bank charges!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could help/advise or maybe if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Back in 2002 I was a student and had a bank account with Halifax with a £750.00 overdraft. As a result of going just £5 over my overdraft I received a few bank charges totalling about £150 which I have since successfully reclaimed. However, as a result of these charges I ended up having to pay back the overdraft and charges money to Halifax in monthly installments and the account was closed.

Now, 5 years later I notice that they have put a settled default notice on my account dated June 2002 for £842. However I regularly request copies of my credit file and this default has only appeared since I reclaimed my bank charges - it's as if they are retaliating in some way!! I also know this definately has only appeared over the past couple of months as I have successfully had two mortgage applications and other credit over the past few years and never had a problem yet now no one will touch me!

So I wrote to Halifax using a template from here requesting that they sent me a copy of the default notice as I never received one and didn't know anything about it until now. They wrote back and said they didn't have a copy and weren't legally obliged to send me one but did send a blank template of what it would have looked like. They also sent a copy of my original account opening application form which I didn't ask for!

So they say the default stands. But I think surely they can't just whack a 5 year old default on my credit file and say they can't give me any info on it.

Any ideas/advice much appreciated. Is there some regulator I can report them to for what seems like a retaliation just because I reclaimed bank charges?

Barclays -

* S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) hand delivered 27/10/06

* Statements Received 1/11/06

* Pre Lim letter hand delivered 2/11/06

* MCOL Filed, Acknowledged & Defended

* N149 Submitted 24/01/07 (Due 26/01/07)

* ???? Still awaiting court date !

Halifax -

* £105.00 Settled in Full after LBA

Barclaycard -

* £60.00 Settled in Full after LBA

ROFL!!! You jammy git. I wish my case was going like this!!

Send them a photograph of £842 and tell them that this is what £842 looks like so although you didn't actually pay them it they should consider the account paid off and remove the default. Then attach a S.10/12 stop/cease/desist notice to it.

Or to be honest just go straight for the N1, if you ask them to clarify it they might realise what they have said and get their story straight, this way they won't get so much time to wriggle out of it.

Either way i would say your in a comfortable position here compared to many others. suscribing to see how thins pans out :))

DCA Theats: Jystmystry V's Wescot - I Win (link)

Default Removal: Jystmystry V's NatWest - In Progress (link)

General Debt - Jysmystry v's Optical Express (link)

You can run but you'll just die tired