Snoopy vs Citi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, tried to scan the letter in but couldnt do it, anyways, wrote to citi requesting my money back from excessive charges, recieved a smarmy letter back from their solicitors stating, "i assume that your complaint was made as a result of the recent statement by OFT etc etc"

well it wasnt i'm just after my money back after realising i could do

It goes on to say " you have written in requesting a refund of charges sugesting that my client owes you this money as debt, however having reviewed yor account it is evident that your account charged off due to you failing to pay my client etc etc"

My account had been passed to a debt collection agency

It also goes on to say "Despite the fact that you may have paid default fees throughout the accounts life, the fact remains that you owed my client more than you have claimed back at the date of charge off. Earlier repayments do not warrant treating those monies paid as somehow debt due to you, conviently ignoring the later debt due to my client . As a result to refund anything would allow you to profit from your own default.

I am therefore unable to agree to refund any such monies. Furthermore if you have paid any sums on a sold debt to a debt agency, it must be apparent that you have paid a third party and not my client , therefore you have no claim to recover sums paid to a third party from my client."

Sorry for the long write up it was a rather long and boring letter, i only include the main bits.. :) Any advice would be grately appreciated

But if you do have to attend court we can prepare you well, and point out all the holes in Citi's defence.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I've have heard in court Citi call a claim into question because it has been sold onto a DCA.

The thing here is that Citi were responsible for the unlawful act of placing the charges on your account, as such why should a third party be liable for their actions.

So if your claiming for any penalty charges made by Citi, the claim should be made against them and no one else.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.