HM Murdoch v BMS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all I really need some advice.

I received a letter from Booker Management Services Limited with regards to a CCJ that I received in 2003 from Barclays Bank for £2209.05.

They are asking me to discuss payment of the account.

Theres also another page saying that the debt was sold to HLCF Limited on the 20th Nov 2006 saying that BMS have been appointed by HLCF to administer the account on there behalf.

There is also a letter on Barclays headed paper saying that the debt has been sold to HLCF Limited a d Bookers are a management company dealing with the debt and all correspondence on there behalf.

The debt relates to my old student bank account and sadly due to on going depression I got myself into a big mess.

I am going to be leaving the country soon where the debt is not enforceable. Lets just say a new fresh start with a special person.

Yes the debts mine hands up. Sadly there is alot of unlawful bank charges in there.

Can someone please advise me what to do next?

Thanks

HM Murdoch

Hi,

Moving to another country will not make this debt unenforceable! It is now the subject of a CCJ and most countries will probably have reciprocal agreements with the UK. Therefore I think you can expect a collection agency in the country that you will be living in to start chasing you. This is just my thoughts on the matter!

Did you defend the court claim?

Did you agree to any repayment plan? What where the details of the judgement?

You say the amount has a lot of bank charges added. Do you know how much is made up of charges? Do you have your statements?

Best wishes, Jeff.

Hi

Did not defend claim as was in a state of depression.

I did not agree a repayment plan and don't remember details of the judgement. It never got enforced.

I think its gonna be 5 years old next year.

I don't have any statements.

As for moving overseas its not to run away cause of debts its cause I have met the most amazing young lady.

I don't think the CCJ will have any effect where im going as its a UK Civil Dispute under UK Law.

I just forgot about the CCJ and just got on with my life.

But as they say the past always haunts you.

I made a post with same topic here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/118241-me-booker-managent-service.html#post1200368

As I got a better response then this side of the forum

Hello again,

I have had a look at your other thread you mention in the above post.

It looks to me that you have received excellent advice from Tom. You are in very good hands there! It could be the best option to make some kind of offer of repayment seen as how the CCJ will drop of your record in 3 years. Is incapacity benefit your only income? If so, you need only make a token offer of repayment, as benefits are to live off and are not for repaying debts etc. If you want to take this route, you should compile an income and expenditure sheet. If you require a decent one, I can e-mail you one for excel! Just let me know.

Best wishes, Jeff.