Baboy777 - V - HSBC

baboy777
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pweeeze Help! I have had an HSBC Current account for over 10yrs now- I also had until January an HSBC Gold Card with a £6000 credit limit. In November I had a serious car accident and went over my limit and in arrears by 2 months with card payment. On the 19th Jan 2007 I informed HSBC through thir call centre in India that a £6000 payment had been made and enquired with a " Manager " in card services if the Card was still active and no limitations have been placed on the card. The response from the manager was the cards ok nothing to worry about, just don't use the card for 3 days until payment has cleared ( 19th Jan 2007 ) on the 22nd Jan payment cleared and the balance was reduced to £520. On the 25th Jan I tried to use the card and It was declined. The card and account had been suspended. Sneeky F*****S " we've got your money now we're suspending your card. I'm told the decision was taken at "BRANCH " level to suspend the card.

I of course wrote asking them to explain all of this .... to date I have has 2 letters from HSBC all template letters telling me I can apply for a new Gold card in 3 months - I am also in the process of claiming £1,700 in bank charges and in dispute with them on their refusal to send me out a new standing order form so that I can send it to my new bank to set up payment for my personal loan which I have with them.

They claim they need security thats why they refuse to change payment method on the loan account. I have informed them that they have no security anyway as my monthly wages as from the end of the month willbe paid into my new account. Can anyone shed some light on the above some advice would be greatful for a virgin posteee..... Many thanks

first of all, welcome to the forum and i hope you've recovered well after your accident.

did you get any of the above in writing? they're unbelievable aren't they! try writing a letter to the ombudsman about their refusal to set up a standing order and the way that you have been treated.

as for the claim for 1700 - where are you in the process of claiming them back? let us know and we can follow your thread.

good luck

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

I got a new standing order set up for my hsbc loan from the new bank... hsbc hated it.

I got the new bank to set it up, no probs. From time to time I get nusance calls "you appear to have not paid.... oh, I see you have paid".

HSBC are not nice people. (The bank that is, not the staff)

A couple of years back I asked for a temporary overdraft of £150.00 for 1 week. HSBC said they would have to do a credit check on me (although I had an account with them for about 5 years at the time with salary going in every month). They said it would take about a week for a decision! My boyfriend offered to lend me the money so I called HSBC and told them not to bother and that I had been given the money from elsewhere (alluding to the possibility that it was another bank). They were making notes and actually asked me who the other bank was so they could make a note of that, which I loved. I told them it was absolutely none of their business and I took offence to the question. They really aren't nice people!

thank you all for responding to my comments- Currently with my bank charge situation I have just sent off a registered letter to Canada Square requesting payment of £ 1700, I have stated that a "Goodwill Gesture" or an offer of a lower amount will be ignored.

The situation with regard to HSBC not willing to alter S/O to my new bank account - this is one im looking into- When I called them today they said that the loan was on condition that I had my wages payed into them every month. I stated to them that the contract which I signed in 2004 for the personal loan did not state anywhere that monthly wages must be paid into my current account.

Also....... Back in FEB 2006 I got a phone call from HSBC offering me to change my current account to their new BANK ACCOUNT PLUS - this was done oever the telephone and a few days later I received all the new terms and conditions as well as the membership card for my travel insurance etc etc and all the other bumf they sent in the post. It was only recently that I have realised that the BANK ACCOUNT PLUS was never activated. I was under the impression that the £27.50 which appeared on my account was made up of thir £12.95 monthly fee for this type of account. They have confirmed that this account was supplied by them but never activated by their call centre. The saga with HSBC goes on .............

Hi Everyone, please be aware that HSBC have been having trouble with the information they send to the 3 big Credit Ref Agencies. Apparently their " Computers" are not talking to the relevant computers at the CRA's

So there are lots of incorrect entries on files. eg: if you have been behind with a payment with HSBC Loan, Credit card - say in december it will still show as of todays date that you are still behind with payments. it will also show on your file an incorret balance.for expample if you have made three payments to them for a loan/card from december it will not show this information.

Even if you are not behind with a loan payment or credit card payment with them it will still show an incorrect balance as they have been unable in a lot of cases to connect their Computers to the CRa's computers - so my advice would be to get a copy of your files and check everything from HSBC - you thoughts on this would be great- cheers ....

Can anyone help ? I have successfull asked and got all information from HSBC with regard to the information they hold on me, however there seem to be some things missing.

Can anyone tell me is there a different section of the DPA that I can access to get them compelled to send me information with regard to internal messages that different dept send each other with ref to different complaints etc or can compel them to send me a copy of all their recorded telephone converstaons ? please help

The recent info that was sent to me under Subject Access has not included any internal memos or anything relation to telephone calls I have made to them. This information would be beneficial to me as I am currently in dispute with them over thei decision to closed my GOLD CARD Account even though the Balance of £6500.00 has been paid - The decision aparently was taken at branch level app.... although prior to me finding that they had cancelled the card 5 days before India ( call centre ) card services told me the card was still active and thanked me for my £6000 payment. Since then they have been nothing but obstructive and I cannot pin thm down as to who took what descision and why. Have got 2 computersed letters to date. and they have not responded to my 3rd.

I have today send my prelim letter to HSBC asking for £1700 in bank charges back also a separte claim to them regarding charges on my Gold Card- all sent under seperate recorded delivery - Also a recorded delivery letter asking why since december 2006 they have not update the history markers or a correct balance of my loan account,and gold card to the 3 big CRA's. Telling them that they had a legal responsibilty to send accurate info to them. will let you all know how it goes..

• 5 weeks later...

I sent off my request for repayment on the 21st March 2007 (recorded delivery) - the bank did recieve this and gave them 14 days to respond- gues what no response. they said on the phone today that a letter was sent out to me however, I did not receive it. I then advised them that a LBA dated the 10th April 2007 sent recorded delivery was sent to them - gues what they say they never received it.... I told em that I have proof they received it.

Anyways I told them on the phone today that they have just a few days left to respond to my LBA - they then said they have 8 weeks to proess the matter , can somene tell me what do I do next after their 14 days are up and no response to the LBA - Do I go straight to submitting a claim ???

Yes, if you used the LBA template from this site it says that’s exactly what you will do so do it. If HSBC haven’t made an offer (and they don’t with most people) I don’t think you have an alternative.

I recommend you register on the MCOL site and start to enter your claim details, it allows you to log off and on to edit and add your information so you can take a few days to make sure everything is right before the day when you submit it.

pete

also, just making sure - your charges list is in a spreadsheet format - yes!

no sending statements - and your s/s will need to be done before you file to get the 8% interest which you will add to your claim when you do file.

this thread will be very useful to you when doing your mcol:

Getting MCOL Right

also, i will send you my particulars as another example for your claim.

this is the only tricky part - getting what you need to say into a limited space - but you can do it - hundreds have.

don't fall for any of their stalling tactics - 14 days after your lba - file your claim.

After my initial letter sent asking for refund of bank charges - ( No response from HSBC) and my second ( LBA ) again no response I have today filed a MCOL - lets hope I get a response from HSBC to this one - Does anyone know what happens now ? thanks in advance :D

Make sure you read through this thread particularly the part about sending a copy of you schedule of charges to the court first and then to DG

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

:D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 2 months later...

I have today spoken with " bow " county court who advise me that AQ's for my case is NOT being dispensed with - a court date and AQ will follow in the post. Can someone please tell me on preparing my court bundle - namely T&C's - I have been a customer with HSBC since 1995 ( old Midland bank) am I currently to use T&C's from 1995 or should I used more up to date T&C's - to be quite honest I don't know what T&C's im even on - perhaps someone could shed sone light on this for me. ( 2 nudge letters sent to DG ) no response to either .

• 2 months later...

Hi all my claim is going ahead as planned, well as far as I know. Bow magistrates court tell me that HSBC have until the 17th Sep to file their AQ defence - can anyone tell me what happens next if they don't file or what my next step should be ?

Many thanks in advance baboy:)

Go for the judgement, but keep an eye on your claim, HSBC may still try and go for a stay of proceedings. Give your court a ring on Friday in order to see if a stay has been applied for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

D.G has until monday 17th sep to submit thei AQ or their defence will be struck out. Low and behold I received the FIRST ever letter this morning from DG solicitors going on about OFT test case and saying that they would be applying to the court for a stay pending outcome etc etc.

So Should I send in a N244 and hope for the best asking for the stay to be removed?

• 1 month later...

HSBC have applied to the court for a stay of proceedings - they previously FORGOT to submit their AQ by the allocated time which the court was none too pleased about. I have submited a N244 application along with a letter to the judge pleading the unfairness etc etc ( got template from library) I am now told that a hearing is to take place on the 19th Nov to hear HSBC application for Stay of Proceedings. ( Im out of the country on holidays ) can I ask the court to change this date as it doesn't suit me and If another date is approved what papers if any should I take to the court on the day ? many thanks in advance everyone.