Jump to content

can you sue a utilities company using the small claims procedure?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

For the best part of a year, a utilities company kept insisting I had an account with them, despite all my efforts to prove to them that I didn't.


I sent them all sorts of proof as to the companies I was actually with, but they didn't even reply to my letters - just went on demanding money I didn't owe them, and threatening court action.


I pointed out to them how distressing this whole business was for me, but this made no difference. They even set two separate debt collection companies onto me - and their letters were VERY nasty.


Finally, after nearly a year, I got a letter from them that said, in effect: "Oops, our mistake - you don't owe us anything after all".


Well, I don't think this is good enough. I've been through nearly a year of the most terrible stress due to their negilgence, and feel I should be given something as compensation.


I wrote to them to tell them this, but true to form, after nearly a month I haven't heard from them.


So my question is: would it be appropriate to sue them in the County Court using the small claims procedure?


(NB: this is my first post, here, and I don't know my way around all the different forums. So if there's a forum that might help me more, could someone suggest it please?)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice is to put it all behind you and move on, look on it as a learning curve what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. If it makes you feel better name them and shame them giving others the benefit of your experience life is to short you can't save the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree totally with salina. You would have zilch chance of any recompence form a county court. You could complain to the regulator. Your Rights: Public utililities: Public utilties That could be time consuming, but possibly worth a try to get their knuckles rapped. Good Luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.



Good things come to he who waits



Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...