retailer has failed to collect TV

grayson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a Plasma TV from an online retailer and decided to return under the distance selling act, some features on TV did not work correctly and I noticed a small scratch on the outside frame which I informed retailer. I paid on credit card by the way.

I was told by company it wold be collected on a date 3 weeks ago but it was cancelled the day before because of courrier issue.

I got another date yesterday so booked day off work but no one showed to collect. The only point of contact is email as I have rang there tel no and I cant get through, waited 50 mins 0870 so in end I hung up. Any ideas what I can do now Thanks

Give a notice of 21 days stating that you will make the item available for collection during that period, but thereafter your duty of care towards the goods shall cease and you shall simply do with it as you wish (for example leaving it in the front garden or on the street). You are still entitled to your money back, even if they dont collect the TV (or something happens to it once the period had expired).

BTW, as you are returning the goods for breach of a statutory term, the company cannot make any charge for collection / return etc.