Telogram

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a telogram letter 2 days ago, unfortunatly, didnt get a chance to google before the call was already made, the usual ("Got a letter for us" [even though it says it will be "deleted" from the system, you'd have a job to delete a physical piece of paper, n00bs.])

Anyway, got the HL Legal letter this morning, sure I dont have any money owed to anyone whatsoever.

Advice please?

-TIA Mainframe

I assume the HL letter doesn't say what the debt is for?

They may be on a fishing trip for someone with the same (or similar) name, or it may be a very old debt (possible even unenforcable) on which they're trying their luck.

Curlyben has a good "prove it" letter which I'll search for, otherwise you might just want to wait for their next move.

As I'm sure you've now realised, never ever speak to these numpties on the phone. :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I totally appreciate any help I can get, and thanks for the reply so soon =D

No, the HL Letter didn't specify anything about debt, The only reason I know thats what its about is because of goggle.

Anyway, I think waiting is a good tactic to use at this point. I just hope they don't start phoning repetitively, I am really not the kind of person you want to mess with on that front.

I'd just be waiting for their next little ploy. Lots of these messages go out blind, just to people with similar names as DJD says.

I wouldn't be asking for proof of anything, until you have some idea what they're after.

Hopefully, you'll never hear from them again.....

:D

Ignore HL ilLegal's letter as they are simply "Solicitors for rent" and they send out template nastygrams.

Until they can substantiate any moneys owe ignore them.

You will most likely be receiving a letter from CapQuest in the near future as they seem to like useing the HL letters.

I was sent one BEFORE CapQuest sent me their hello letter !!!

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too