how do i deal with baliff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe money for business rates 2007/2008. i received a court summons in May 2007 informing me that we were being taken to court.

I have not recieved any further corrispondance since this date.

i have recieved a letter from the baliffs saying that they have called to my address with intention to remove goods to the value of the debt.

Firstly i telephone the council who the original debt was with to be told that they would stop the baliff action and re-send out the liability order that was made as i did not receive the original one, once i had received this i was to fill it out and send it back so we could then make arrangements to pay. As it is nearly a week since i made this call and still no liabilty oreder i telephoned them again only to be told that the council could no longer deal with it and i need to contact the baliff directly. The person i spoke to could not give me a reason why i was originally told that i would be able to make an arrangement to pay.

I have now spoken to the baliff company who tell me i have to ring the baliff who is dealing with the matter, as he is the only person who will be able to help. The only number i can contact him on is a mobile. i telephoned this number and asked if it was possible for him to call me back as it was costing me a lot of money ringing a mobile, he said no.

I then said I had a notice of attendance from him and would like to make an agrangement with him to clear the outstanding money. He says no arrangements can be made, he will accept any money i give him but will not make an agreement for the debt to be cleared.

Can they do this?

They haven't even listen to what offer i am going to make.

I find it hard to believe that there is not a way we can deal with this, without the baliff keep calling back to me and adding additional fees to the bill each time.

i can not afford to pay the whole amount in one go although i will be offering a large lump sum payment as the first payment, then approx 4 more large monthly payment to clear the debt in the shortest time possible.

Surley there is a way round this, can anyone help please with any ideas of how to deal with this problem.

look forward to hearing from you

Read through some of the posts in the bailiff section: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs/

it might also help to repost/get your post moved their.

Hopefully someone with the right knowledge will see it their and be able to offer some advice.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.