Missing Bank deposit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I made a deposit to my landlords Cahoot bank account at my local post office in June, I received a receipt for the transaction but the money was not paid into the Cahoot account. I wrote to the Post Office who have told me that they had sent the money to Cahoot who wouldnt put the money into the account as I am not the account holder.

I wrote to my landlord who has written to Cahoot three times regarding the matter and has received no response, the Post Office refer me to Cahoot who say they cannot discuss the matter with me as it is not my account.

I think the best way would probably be to LBA the post office as they have not provided the service they implied would be provided, fortunatly I have the receipt. Does the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services act cover this kind of transaction?

Thanks for reading,

Richard

Hi. I'm not an expert but I was under the impression that anyone could pay money into someone elses account. You just cannot draw money or be given private details about it.

As far as I know it would be up to your landlord to get in touch with Cahoot and authorise the deposit or at least find out whats going on. So where is the money now? Has it been returned to the post office or does Cahoot still have it?

To be fair - the PO did what they were supposed to. It is Cahoot who have the funds and they also admit to not crediting it to the beneficiary. I'd take it up with the FSO as this is a nonsense. Also, you could suggest to your landlord he stops banking with such a toytown financial outfit.

You landlord would need to raise a 'trace' on the payment. More than likely the ref number hasn't went through with the payment and it's lying in a suspense account with cahoot. Give a copy of the recipt to your Landlord and ask him to write a letter asking them to trace the payment. Most companies do this no bother over the phone but obviously cahoot aren't to helpful

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...

Received a letter today stating that the FOS are unwilling to look into the case as it concerns a deposit made in cash as well as someone elses account. I have called the Post Office as they said they would get Cahoot to call me which hasn't happened yet, two months later. I will see if I can get my previous landlord to write to them or to provide me with some evidence of them not cooperating with her request. If I can get this I will have two examples of Cahoots ignoring these requests and could probably take it up in small claims court.