New Here - advice on old debt please!

debs4th
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, ive spent the last few years getting lots of debt out of the way, ive just been reading through alot of your advice and i nowthink i have one debt i dont have to pay, I had a letter form Buchanan clarks and wells about a debt to barcleycard wihch i had in 1999/2000 it says purseuers are Cabot financialeurope limted and the amount is just over a grand - the actual debt what i remember was £500 ish, I rang up and have a arranged to pay back £40 a mth, but i now wish id waited as from reading things on here im not sure if i have to pay it with it been old/????? any advice - now that i ahve made a payment is it just tough luck to me im a bit confused!!:Cry:

if the limitations period of 6 years (in england) has run its course, then no new payment will restart that limitations period running.

The questions are:

1. Did you spend an entire 6 year period without acknowledging the debt in writing and,

2. Did you spend an entire 6 year period without paying them any money?

If you can answer both questions "yes" you are not legally obliged to pay them any money.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

write to bcw.

The letter needs to go summing like this.

Dear sceeming idiots,

re acc no XXXXXXXXXXX

I DO NOT ACKNOLEDGE ANY DEBT TO THIS COMPANY.

tELL

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

write to bcw.

The letter needs to go summing like this.

Dear sceeming idiots,

re acc no XXXXXXXXXXX

I DO NOT ACKNOLEDGE ANY DEBT TO THIS COMPANY.

tell them it is statued barred then tell they were to go.

sequenci will be able to help u with a letter.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

it's written contact debs :)

the great thing about the limitation act is that the burden of proof is with the creditor to Prove you have had contact, i.e. they would have to have had a letter of admission from you.

just made a little corrrection for ya:lol: :lol:

i take it you wrote that before your morning cuppa

yer that does sound like a good idea paul. Might use that as my answer phone message.

sequenci were do u work?

yer that does sound like a good idea paul. Might use that as my answer phone message.

sequenci were do u work?

I work for one of the major debt counselling charities/money advice organisations , it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to work out which one.

:-D

or rite.

|Nice to no i might get threw to u one day.lol.

Any way Paul i hvae decided to use your answer fone message on my mobile and home fone. Not that DCAs call either of them as they would need to no the correct number to call me not hte one it got changed to.lol.

i dont know to much lol that is why i am on here. Debs you are welcome