Jump to content

Great links; housing and associated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I thought it may be useful to gather many of the links we frequently use or recommend in one thread.

I would start from Shelter: Advice and support and Shelter: Advice services directory Shelter provides housing advice and can help to locate a local advice centre


Shelter: Repossession by a landlord's lender


Next, the excellent LandlordZONE Forums - Residential Letting Questions and Articles on Property and Rental Property - LandlordZONE Landlordzone is a well established website mainly for property professionals but is helpful and welcoming to any tenants with queries.



Electrical Safety in Rental Property - LandlordZONE What are the landlords' responsibilities with regards to electrical safety.


ARLA (the Association of Residential Letting Agents ) deals very well with issues surrounding the deposit and "fair wear & tear"

Dealing with disputes, damages and deposits


Set of helpful leaflets: Renting and letting - Housing - Communities and Local Government


All around advice : Community Legal Service Direct and their The Directory

Automatic benefits calculator: entitledto


Also an excellent Advicenow: independent law and rights advice, legal service providers, advice service alliance, UK - Default website- highly recommended



OFT Guidance on unfair terms in tenancy agreements:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/unfair_contract_terms/oft356.pdf full version

and short version for consumers:




Step by Step tenancy deposit protection enforcement pack


Tenancy Deposit Protection - Housing - Communities and Local Government


Private renting and letting - Housing - Communities and Local Government

from Communities and Local Government's website- quite good actually.


Housing Ombudsman Service: Dealing with disputes and complaints against landlords and housing agents, and other housing disputes - for complainants which exhausted all other internal complaint routes.

For the geeks and hard nuts: DWP - Resource centre - Information for local authorities - Publications - Guidance and manuals - Housing Benefit Guidance Manual


DWP - Corporate Medical Group - Medical conditions A to Z


I am sure there are more fab links. Please add more.

Edited by Joa


Link to post
Share on other sites

C'mon ladies and gentlemen! I want to stick this thread up, so it can accessed quickly by many. So add your treasured bookmarks, your precious findings and your jealously guarded favourites!


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...


What's Best for You?



The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.


Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007



Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Not a link but a book that is usually in the library and can be purchased directly from CPAG (Child Poverty Action Group) for benefits and tax credits - The Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook. Gives lots of advice for all age groups and scenarios. It is the CAB Benefit Bible, so it must be good!



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...


Site for rating your current and past landlords' performance.


I tried posting this link on another thread but it was "un-approved". Not sure why; I thought it was a great idea. Apologies if i'm doing something wrong by recommending it. :???:

Edited by freakyleaky
Unauthorised link removed. Again.
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Hi got these links



Right to Repair Housing (Scotland) Act 2001.



TheScottish Housing Regulator (SHR) regulates registered social landlords and thelandlord and homelessness services of local authorities.


TheOffice of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) became a Non Ministerial Departmentand part of the Scottish Administration following implementation of theCharities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005

are the independentregulator and registrar for Scottish charities. We regulate over 23,000 Scottish charities, including: community groups,religious charities, schools, universities, grant giving charities and majorcare providers.


The Scottish Public Services Ombusman are the final stage for handling complaints about public services in Scotland.

Wedeal with complaints about councils, the National Health Service, housingassociations, the Scottish Government and its agencies and departments,colleges and universities, prisons, and most Scottish public bodies.

We normally look atcomplaints after they have been through the formal complaints process of theorganisation concerned.

http://www.tpasscotland.org.uk/ - This is also in England just remove (scotland) from the link

Tenant Participation Advisery Serviceexists to promote and support tenant participation.

TheTenant Participation Advisory Service (Scotland) is a national membershiporganisation for landlords, tenants and other related organisations. We are anot-for-profit Social Enterprise registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee.

TPAS typically works withtenants organisations, housing associations and local authorities. Contact TPASto find out how we can help you ensure that tenants continue to influenceimprovements in housing service



Citizens Advice Bureau Scotland



Shelteris a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness andbad housing.

We do this by givingadvice, information and advocacy to people in housing need, and by campaigningfor lasting political change to end the housing crisis for good.

Hope these links are of some use

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...