Mercers Greeting Card

spurs007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I owe around £8000 to 4 creditors (Barclays, LPF Barclays, Littlewoods cat and Capital one, I am currently unemployed and paying each creditor £1 per month while they add interest and fines.

After months of obsessive phone calls from mercers this morning I recieved what I thought was a greeting card but it was mercers saying that somebody will be calling at my door on november 1st

Is this likely to happen and are there any organisations that will deal with these people on my behalf? because quite frankly I am bored of these people.

Thanks.

MERCERS DEBT COLLECTIONS LIMITED

CITYPOINT

ONE ROPEMAKER STREET

LONDON

EC2Y 9SS

Company No. 02550639

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Status: Active

Date of Incorporation: 22/10/1990

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7499 - Non-trading company

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2006 (DORMANT)

Next Accounts Due: 31/10/2008

Last Return Made Up To: 01/10/2007

Next Return Due: 29/10/2008

Hi,

I owe around £8000 to 4 creditors (Barclays, LPF Barclays, Littlewoods cat and Capital one, I am currently unemployed and paying each creditor £1 per month while they add interest and fines.

After months of obsessive phone calls from mercers this morning I recieved what I thought was a greeting card but it was mercers saying that somebody will be calling at my door on november 1st

Is this likely to happen and are there any organisations that will deal with these people on my behalf? because quite frankly I am bored of these people.

Thanks.

spurs007 in respect of phone calls, have a hunt around for telephone harassment letters.

Few of the debt charities would manage a DMP of £1 a month (nominal payments), but you don't have to talk to these people "All communication in writing" and slam the phone down. Then write down the date, time, and company that called in a little log book.

Similarly, any "field agent" they send has no legal powers. Order them off your property, and if they reguse to leave, dial the police and say that there is a trespasser on your property and you are afraid of a breach of the peace.

A "field agent" is not a "enforcement officer" - such an officer is generally someone executing a writ / enforcement order; before you get that far, you would have an CCJ awarded against you and then fail to abide by its terms.

the basic advice is generally at this point to send a credit agreement request, and S.A.R's if necessary.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Mercers in barclays in-house debt collectors,

STOP TAKLING to them on the telephone, this is worse thing you can do ok?

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help guys. I have sent of new proposals to my creditors and am awaiting response.

Also this site is great but a little overwhelming!!! Does anyone know where these CCA, SAR and Phone harassment templates are on the site? Have they got their own section or are they scattered around various threads?

Thanks again for the help.