BT contract

Tommy1977

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im new to this and please help me out with the following problem

justed phoned up BT today, so they can cancel my phone service from next month. the next they tell is that i have a stupid contract with them for 12 months which will be finished in September 08 and they didn't even inform my about the contract. they are saying that i have agreed to the terms and conditions of the contract. they told if i was to cancel my service till sep 08 it will cost me £ 56 cancellation charge.

do you guys have any idea how to cancel the remaining months of the contract with paying the cancellation fee ?

thanks

tom

report.gif

Actually no! They have alwys had a 12 month minimum term and appears on all their documentation.(And online). It's never a good idea to commit to a line if you don't plan to stay long - however they often waive this if you take on BT service at your new address.

Not really - to be fair to them, the seldom charge for connection because they expect a 12 month contract. If you don't keep to it, it's reasonable for them to recover some of their costs. (However their non-DD and late payment charges are a different issue).