Chad V Cabot financial

purmashc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks Need A Bit Of Advice.

I Had A Argos Store Card I Felt I Had Settled It A While A Go.

But They Have Passed On A Debt Of £105 To Cabot Financial. This Is Made Up Of Letter Fees At £17.50 Each.

Because When I Settled The Account They Say They Had Sent A Letter Which Resulted In A £17.50 Charge. Iwas Never Aware That This Was The Case.

I Had Moved Houses During This Phase, So They Say They Kept Send Ing Letters To Old Address And Each One Cost £17.50.

Then After After Seven Letters The Passed The Debt To Cabot.

I Told I Will Not Pay. Got The Statements, I Have Written Letter For Reclaim But Who Do I Send It To Argos Or Cabot.

Help

Chad

In that case this debt is well and truly in dispute and Cabot just need reminding of that fact.

Try this:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of DATE, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of these debts with BANK due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action shall be taken until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too