style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody advise me on what to do now. Powergen have disconnected my gas supply after a long and drawn out battle regarding a dispute over the amount of my bills. The short version is that my boiler (the only gas appliance i have) has been out of order for over 18 months and yet they charged me £900 + £340 for charges which i refused to pay until someone explained why the bills so high.

I have had very little by way of communication from them, they never respond to letters, didn't tell me till after they disconnected me that they were doing it and are refusing to reconnect untill the full balance is paid.

I paid £900 and have disputed the £340 but they are not budging at all and say I have to pay it off in full. I spoke to someone today and now they are saying that I have to pay the £340 and have to pay a security deposit of £150 before reconnection. Otherwise I have to have a pre payment meter. I don't want this as I am concerned this will affect the resale value of my home.

I cannot see why they are being so stubborn as the debt arose out of a dispute and although I did not pay them they have also acted very unprofessionaly but won't make any allowances. I now have a new boiler sat in my garage waiting to be fitted but cannot arrange it due to this.

Any advice??

They will have to respond to a SAR - or take them to court if they dont

Have you contacted energywatch?

Just think of the thousands? of BG employees who realise "this is nothing to do with me" when they could lift a finger to reply. Now that's what I call good customer service.

Grumpy (living up to his name)

Thank you. I have contacted energywatch, but to be honest they were not helpful. They called powergen and just accepted what they told them and didn't fight my corner. Will get data request.