question re: car towing and excessive bailiffs charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone can help!

basically car was towd by bailiff company acting on behalf of local council over a parking ticket i knew nothing about. never received any previous correspondence over it.

charges are as follows

£125.00 for original parking ticket.

£22.50 for 2x letters "apparantly" sent

£175.00 towing fee

£130.00 for the bailliff to visit once to tow car

£35.00 levy fee

17 days for storage in pound at £8.00 per day whilst i argued the PCN and bailliff charges. seemed council and bailliff company deliberatley stalling.

Total cost over £600 which i have paid in order to get my car back.

What can i do?

I was never aware of PCN and charges seem totally excessive!

Billy

I have sent a PM to you concerning the name of the actual bailiff. Also can you let me know which company.

The fees DO NOT appear correct.

The most glaring of errors is the fee for a letter. The fee is £11.20 and only letter fee can be charged.

Did you receive a ticket?

What date was the ticket and which local authority?

If you did not receive, then you need to complete an "out of Time" late Statutory Declaration with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. Their staff are very helpful indeed and will explian what to do and they will also send you a form by e-mail.

Their telephone number is : 08457 045 007 .

When you call you need to ask what date the warrant of execution was issued. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Please let us know and can advise further.

Firstly concerning the fees, you need to send a Subject Access Request to the bailiff company to request a complete and DETAILED breakdown of the fees charged. Only then can to see EXACTLY where any overcharging has occured.

By law the bailiff mUST leave with you a FORM 7. Notice of Seizure. Was this sent and if so what figures were on it. ?

i didnt receive a ticket on my car and didnt know anything about the ticket until my car was towed!

24th july was the date the ticket was registered witth the traffic enforcement centre as an unpaid fine.

30th August was the date for the warrant of execution.

My vehicle was towed on 05.10.07

The head of parking services at Croydon Council informed me there was no point in filling an out of time statutory decleration via northampton court as croydon made the final decision and she would not agree to the appeal.

I have just been informed this is totally incorrect!

forgot to say, the bailiffs did leave me a piece of paper stating the costs which i outlined in my original post. Although they did not include the daily fees, i had to ring and ask. I also have numerous emails regarding the matter from the manager of the Bailliffs and the head of croydon council parking services.

Croydon is WRONG. They DO NOT have the final decision. The Judge hearing the case at Northampton has the final decision.

What will happens is that you will need to complete the stat dec as instructed. The court will then send a copy to Croydon. They have 14 days to respond. In no response the stat dec is accepted at TEC. If they object....as some local authorities do then the file is sent to the Judge for him to look at both sides of the argument.

You cannot attend the court and hearinga are done without attendances.

I have sent you a pm asking for the bailiffs name and company. I am surprised it is with Croydon. Can you confirm.