Withheld Info, Do I have rights to repair?

goalieadam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently purchased a 53 plate Ford Mondeo from a reputable garage in my area. The car came with a 30 day 1000 mile warranty.

As the current MOT had only a couple of months left they put a new MOT on the car. When sorting through the paperwork, I noticed the MOT should have had an advisory but there wasn't one included with the paperwork i had been given. I went online and checked a there was 4 advisories showing.

1. Puncture to offside rear (this had been repaired)

2. Inside of front tyres wearing

3. Bushes to nearside rear Subframe not causing excessive movement

4. Bushes to offside rear Subframe not causing excessive movement

Now the tyres i'm not too bothered about, I had noticed it but they still have a decent enough life left on them, i had also noticed the puncture when first looking at the car and had mentioned it when we took it for a drive.

I want to know where I stand with items 3 & 4. If i had seen the advisory when given the paperwork, (i quickly glanced through) i would have brought this up and asked them to repair this for me, i did phone them and mentioned it to the guy in the workshop, and he tried to fob me off, as it is going in for a dent this wednesday he said they would take a look but i want to know where I stand on getting them to repair this for me now. The local Ford dealer has given me a quote of £200 and as the advisory wasn't with the paperwork I think they were deliberately trying to hide the information from me.

I don't want to go in all guns blazing on Wednesday but i want to know all the information on what my rights are.