housing association 1st time buyer

boo_kitty10

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, can you help me its just a question ive got im in the process of buying my home from bromford carinthia and today i had their surveyor come out and value the house which he said would be in the region of £120,000 - £130,000.

As a bromford customer i get a discount of between £9,000-£16,000 when purchasing it but the surveyor also said that as i am the going to be the first buyer to buy yhe house in my street as all the other 20 odd houses are rented this should bring the figure down also - anyone have any clues as to how much that decreases the figure by if im the first person to buy my house in my housing estate?

My house is a 2 bedroomed house only been built about ten years ago, double glazed wooden windows and door but it is in a rubbish postal code area.

hello everyone i have been told my house is valued at 120,000 i get 9,000 off and am gonna try and out 10,00 down so i ned a mortgage off 101,000 anyone know of any good mortgage lenders-anyone recommend a specific lender as the best also what mortgage rate is the best, do u think as a first time buyer i should get a fixed interest rate for 2 years or no????

any help/advice would be appreciated

Your last post is like asking how long is a piece of string!:p

Circumstances.

Are you single? Do you have a steady job? Health problems? etc etc

One lender may be good for you but not so to somebody else so it's hard to say who are the best.

However, first time buyers used to get great deals, like fees paid etc as there is no chain. But it is now very much a buyers market so you have the trump card.

Myself, as a first time buyer and with rates still low in the big scheme of things, I would go for a two year fixed rate which would probably be discounted for first time buyers too.

You get no nasty surprises for two years when getting used to shelling out loads of money for the first time ever and you will be protected from the possible aftermath of the US credit crunch where we will probably be hit over the next 6 months or so.

I would even consider 3, 4 or 5 years as I suspect big things will happen in the housing market once HIPS kick in for 3 then 2/1 bedroom homes.

Good luck.

BTW, if you live in a bad postcode area but have your own business why not try a PO box address as central London? Works wonders if you are in the right field.