• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

going to court help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

re; " when is all inclusive not all inclusive"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/holiday-companies/111297-when-all-inclusive-not.html

misrepresentation of holiday: both the travel/booking agent and the holiday company have rejected my complaint on the basis that despite the deal being completed over the phone and irrespective of what the agent offered, a visit to the holiday company`s website would have conmfirmed what the limitations of the package were! and according to med hotels, a contradiction to what their agent offered!

i maintain that the telephone booking - made and agreed only a week before travel - totally misled us into buying a holiday on the basis of a deceitful sale - insofar as we were promised a package that was not provided!

we have witnesses - fellow holiday makers - who also fell foul of the same agent`s unscrupulous technique and who also arrived at the same destination to find they had`nt been provided with the arrangements they believed they had payed for!

what law has been breached, that i could quote as my basis for reclaiming our money, plus damages for a totally miserable holiday experience?

few questions...

when you were sold the holiday did you enquire as to what facilities/ services were included in the all inclusive tag?

what was not included that you thought was?

did you receive any documentation through the post before traveling and was there any mention as to what the all-inclusive actually was? or where to find out?

different hotels/resorts have different levels of what they call all inclusive ...

ie:

alot do not include watersports or - motorised water sports there is axtra charge locally for this - alot only allow free "local brand" drinks ie in the caribbean you get red stripe lager - if you want a budweiser or holsten pils its extra - i have had many a bad rash from local vodka's and had to spend large amounts of drinking money to have the "import" smirnoff or absolute...

few questions...

when you were sold the holiday did you enquire as to what facilities/ services were included in the all inclusive tag?

what was not included that you thought was?

did you receive any documentation through the post before traveling and was there any mention as to what the all-inclusive actually was? or where to find out?

different hotels/resorts have different levels of what they call all inclusive ...

ie:

alot do not include watersports or - motorised water sports there is axtra charge locally for this - alot only allow free "local brand" drinks ie in the caribbean you get red stripe lager - if you want a budweiser or holsten pils its extra - i have had many a bad rash from local vodka's and had to spend large amounts of drinking money to have the "import" smirnoff or absolute...

not wishing to be rude dude- as all advice is welcome -but if you read the link in the first post you will see that we were deceitfully enticed into a holiday on the basis of what was ,"supposed to be included",

We did not book over the internet and the confirmation documents that arrived a day before travel also gave no clue as to the, " limitations", of the ALL INCLUSIVE package ( an ALL Inclusive package that 90% of all the other guests enjoyed- mainly unlimited access to the a la carte resturants- apart from us and several others who are now engaged in a similar complaint )

their argument, " med hotels", is that, not withstanding what the travel agent promised, a vist to their website would have shown that there was a limitation to what a holiday booked direct with med hotels over the internet in that hotel, offered!

once again , i did not book direct with med hotels, over the internet but with one of their licensed booking agents, who made a lot of promises that ultimately were not deliverd!

Hi,

yes - sorry about that im a newbie here....

funny enough i used to work for jetline, currently i work for a london based travel company and often represent my firm in court...

your problem is you have been missold by jetline - they didnt nescessarily mis sell you just for the commision - "AI" and "AI lite" is a bit confusing even for experienced travel agents - operators are always coming up with new marketing names for services (one of my staff once told a passenger she was flying on concord to barbados - when in fact it was "concord services" on british caledonian-theyre equivalent of club class - poor boy never lived that one down and cost us a few quid too ;-)

IMHO

you have 2 choices..

write to jetline tell them you want £400 for the difference in the board basis (this is what the hotel offered you locally) and an offer of compensation for loss of enjoyment -(expect between £50 and £100 per head) you expect a reply within 28days or you will take them to arbitration (if they are still ABTA bonded)

arbitration costs you £30 and it costs jetline £300 - to sit at a table in abta and put your cases forward, abta are not stupid they acknowledge agents make mistakes - in my experience they often side with the consumer especially where terminolygy is the question - the consultant should have questioned deeper the term "AI Lite" before confirming the services i.e. restaurants available on your board basis - instead they assumed AI lite was AI...

go straight to your small claims court - again about £30 - the form asks exactly what monies you want and why - again £400 thats the difference between the board basis - and go for £100 per person loss of enjoyment...

your basic gripe when all boils down is with the consultant that told you it is All inclusive - when in fact it is AI Lite - and you have found out the difference the hard way...

there is no point whatsover going to Med Hotels directly - they sold your agent AI Lite - and thats what they got...

again im sorry im a bit confused by these threads and this forum...if you have already written to Jetline - and they have replied with what we call "a scuttlefish reply" (a scuttle fish kicks up mud in order to escape its enemy).

write to them again and tell them you feel you have been mis-sold the board basis and you expect a reply with an offer of settlement or you will go to arbitration or small claims - then you decide which route to take - tell them you will do it in the next 7 days.

He will not budge and only offers us an upgrade consession at 10 Maltese each per day to eat in the al a carte restuarants approx £400!

yes, £400, that`s what the hotel manager demanded, in advance and despite us already having paid, jetline/med hotels for the privilige!

and despite us having a voucher that did not mention any restrictions!:mad:

So you were offered the upgrade in vouchers - value £400 to eat in the al a carte - why did you not accept it.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Death?....better position? Can't wait!!! :D

LOL, I was just trying to give some perspective. I'll word it better next time!

Loubychew

I am not a travel lawyer. All info is based on my own experience of working in the travel industry in resort.

i dont have any motivations here - i just stumbled across this website - i am trying to get my bank charges back - and as i said in my first post on your case - i work for a travel company and often represent my firm at arbitration cases and small claims courts - i have been witness to many proceedings...

also as i said in the first instance - in my opinion your consultant was confused as to the difference between AI and AI Lite - its just your sort of people that assume travel agents are all crooks and trying to put one over you - sometimes this is called paranoia - you probably dealt with a teenager fresh out of college who has a lot to learn - but his mistake does not mean he is a crook, and nor does it mean you should be left out of pocket,

Personally i would have whacked the £400 on a credit card, enjoyed my holiday and then claimed it back on my return...

take my advice or leave it - thats your perogative - but dont tar everyone with the same stereo typical brush you seem to hold

let me ask you this - if you paid for a 3 course meal and didnt like the desert - would you expect a full refund? - or just a refund of the desert?

there is really only the one element of your holiday that went wrong - and any sane abta or small claims court judge will see this....

best of luck - and dont get personal

where to start?

1.you are just trying to get your bank charges back!

why? you signed up for their terms and conditions

2."it`s just your sort of people"

really, just what is my sort of people?

3.as for your 3 course meal analagy, let me ask you this:

if you bought a new jag of a car dealer and paid for it in advance but when you went to collect it, they had a mondeo waiting and some smart ar$e jumped up salesman asked you what you were complaining for it still did all the the jobs the jag would`ve done, would you just settle for the balance?

and as for , " don`t get personal", oh the irony, on numerous occassions i have witnessed some of the poorest service delivered in the service sector by people in the holiday trade-This whole part of the site is devoted to it- and as for their accuracy in describing resorts hotels etc, let`s just say they make estate agents look like a profession beyond repute!

as before your advice has been noted and filed in the BS folder!

So you were offered the upgrade in vouchers - value £400 to eat in the al a carte - why did you not accept it.

no you misunderstand gizmo, we were offered an upgrade but only if we crossed the managers palm with £400 quid first!

thanks for your comments

but £400 quid just won`t cut it, our holiday was spoiled because after spending the first few days arguing with the hotel management and the rep , the mood for the rest of the holiday was lower than a bank managers scruples!

we booked the holiday using every penny of spare cash we had so we were expecting what we paid for! We did`nt really have or felt we should-stump up the extra cash, in fact if the whole package had been offered from the outset at £400 more, then we would not have booked ! in fact we paid too much anyway given the quality of the hotel and it`s service as we experienced and we were not the only ones who had been duped, see the trip advisor link below!

Sliema: Hotel Fortina Spa Resort - Traveller Reviews - When is All Inclusive NOT All Inclusive? - TripAdvisor

We want the full cost of our holiday back, "£2.500", plus damages and while I will make ABTA aware of the complaint,i don`t expect any positive action so i will be issuing court proceedings- in conjuntion with another family we met there- next week as jetline have basically rejected any culpability and fobbed us off!

you wont get the full cost of your holiday back,

you used the flights - there was nothing wrong with the flights - why should you get your air fares back???

you stayed in the hotel - your only issue is board basis,and that is not grounds enough for a full refund,

if your too greedy in your expectations you run the risk of being thrown out of court for being unreasonable,

as i said you are entitled to £400 being the difference in board basis + compensation per person - they will not award compensation over and above the costs - you could have paid the £400 locally and had your "dream holiday"

best of luck

you used the flights - there was nothing wrong with the flights - why should you get your air fares back???

you stayed in the hotel - your only issue is board basis,and that is not grounds enough for a full refund,

if your too greedy in your expectations you run the risk of being thrown out of court for being unreasonable,

as i said you are entitled to £400 being the difference in board basis + compensation per person - they will not award compensation over and above the costs - you could have paid the £400 locally and had your "dream holiday"

best of luck

I have some doubts over your motivation here,but here goes

yes we used the flights but like i said, if we had been given an honest and accurate brief of what we were misled into believing we were receiving then we would`nt have booked and therefore not flown.

and as for being, " too greedy", i am sure you know all about that working in the travel industry

thanks but no thanks for your, " advice", i`ll take my chances in court

He will not budge and only offers us an upgrade consession at 10 Maltese each per day to eat in the al a carte restuarants approx £400!

Was this the actual extra cost of eating in the a la carte restaurant? If not how much was it?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Was this the actual extra cost of eating in the a la carte restaurant? If not how much was it?

yes, £400, that`s what the hotel manager demanded, in advance and despite us already having paid, jetline/med hotels for the privilige!

and despite us having a voucher that did not mention any restrictions!:mad:

i dont have any motivations here - i just stumbled across this website - i am trying to get my bank charges back - and as i said in my first post on your case - i work for a travel company and often represent my firm at arbitration cases and small claims courts - i have been witness to many proceedings...

also as i said in the first instance - in my opinion your consultant was confused as to the difference between AI and AI Lite - its just your sort of people that assume travel agents are all crooks and trying to put one over you - sometimes this is called paranoia - you probably dealt with a teenager fresh out of college who has a lot to learn - but his mistake does not mean he is a crook, and nor does it mean you should be left out of pocket,

Personally i would have whacked the £400 on a credit card, enjoyed my holiday and then claimed it back on my return...

take my advice or leave it - thats your perogative - but dont tar everyone with the same stereo typical brush you seem to hold

let me ask you this - if you paid for a 3 course meal and didnt like the desert - would you expect a full refund? - or just a refund of the desert?

there is really only the one element of your holiday that went wrong - and any sane abta or small claims court judge will see this....

best of luck - and dont get personal

You were mis-sold the holiday by the agent, to your cost and they should rectify that and you should be refunded the extra costs incurred and also be recompensed for loss of enjoyment.

You did the deal on the phone, it could have been recorded. Is there any chance you can ask to raise the call records?

But, I have to agree with crm250dude. IMO you will not receive a full refund plus compensation. Don't get cross, they are just opinions from folks who work in the travel industry with no hidden agenda. Its not going to happen. Sure, if you had suffered some horrific trauma, death, injury or some such, you would be in a better position. Thankfully you didn't so you have to put it into perspective.

Go for the 400 quid plus inconvenience/loss enjoyment.

Loubychew

I am not a travel lawyer. All info is based on my own experience of working in the travel industry in resort.

best of luck

where to start?

1.you are just trying to get your bank charges back!

why? you signed up for their terms and conditions

2."it`s just your sort of people"

really, just what is my sort of people?

3.as for your 3 course meal analagy, let me ask you this:

if you bought a new jag of a car dealer and paid for it in advance but when you went to collect it, they had a mondeo waiting and some smart ar$e jumped up salesman asked you what you were complaining for it still did all the the jobs the jag would`ve done, would you just settle for the balance?

and as for , " don`t get personal", oh the irony, on numerous occassions i have witnessed some of the poorest service delivered in the service sector by people in the holiday trade-This whole part of the site is devoted to it- and as for their accuracy in describing resorts hotels etc, let`s just say they make estate agents look like a profession beyond repute!

as before your advice has been noted and filed in the BS folder!

Holidays cannot be compared to a car. There is more than one component, ie flights, transfers, accom & rep service (if on a package).

You don't seem to have a problem with your flight and all else with the holidays appears to have been ok apart from the AI drama. This is where you should be putting all your heart & energies into. Quite clearly you have a case here, nobody is disputing that fact.

I wish you the best of luck in this. You have been given good advice and how you choose to take it is up to you but implying that is is BS in below the belt. Nobody is obliged to take the time to reply to you.

Loubychew

it`s no suprise that the negative replies have come from people who work in the industry,

for the last time:

i would not have needed the flights- which in fact jetline booked as part of the package- if i had been given an honest and accurate description of what i was going to getting for my money. I most definately would not have booked the Fortina Spa and i probably would not have even gone to malta!

as for your comments regarding being given good advice, i was hoping for comments from those who have actually been involved in taking unscrupulous holiday companies to court and not the opinions of travel company employees whose impartiallity would always be doubtful but thanks for your imput!:roll:

• 2 weeks later...

You should go to WWW.HOLIDAYTRAVELWATCH.CO.UK they are specialist in helping consumers with holiday problems of all different kinds etc..

Their telephone number is 0121 747 8100 - you'll find this is an answer machine where you can leave your name and contact number they will call you back quite soon and discuss with you your problems and advise you as to the best way to tackle this.

The website does have a contact link on there where you can email and ask in writing if that is easier than phoning for you. You'll see the website does have a lot of really useful information to help you.