How many DCA's have called you today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It has been a beautiful Sunday and I have enjoyed a well deserved day off with my son.

I have had 6 telephone calls today from various DCA's, CC Companys etc.

And whilst I always ignore the calls, it really naffs me off when they call on Sunday.

I would love to get hold of the telephone numbers of some of the Managers / Chairmen of these companys so I could call THEM on a Sunday afternoon to discuss my account.

:x

That is all.

Keep ya chins up and dont let the buggers get you down!

The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

yes PriorityOne I CCA'd them all last week "recorded delivery" however I keep checking the royal mail web site and over half of them have not even arrived yet.

Quick question, Once a creditor is in receipt of a CCA request and then phone me up, what's the best way to respond? I assume its just to ignore them.

Debt Collection Charges

There is no legal basis for a creditor or a debt collection agency acting on its behalf to claim collection costs from a debtor unless there is an express provision in the original agreement.

Without such provision, collection charges cannot be demanded as a debt due under the agreement.

Quick question, Once a creditor is in receipt of a CCA request and then phone me up, what's the best way to respond? I assume its just to ignore them.

Yes, definitely ! "In writing only please"... and then hang up, just hang up or, leave the 'phone lying around until they get bored of talking to fresh air and they hang up themselves.

The choice is yours..... :-)

Depends where your phone is. If possible, I'd agree with P1 "in writing only", but then ask if they can hang on for a mo. If your phone is next to your music system you can then play them some music of your choice while they await your (non) return.

My mother played a demo tape of over 70s auditioning for a musical to Muck Hall. When she returned they'd hung up.

:D

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

If your phone is next to your music system you can then play them some music of your choice while they await your (non) return.

8 mins & 10 seconds is the longest they have held on before hanging up on me.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Or look in the templates for the telephone harassment - don't call again letter & send that

Wont neccessarily work

If that doesn't work, sign up for a (free) voip phone number, give that to them as a new number. My son had 20 silent calls from his DCA last month & 1 silent answerphone message (now do they want to talk to him or don't they?)

Thanks for the useful advice I will answer the next call and leave them on hold. :D

Debt Collection Charges

My son had 20 silent calls from his DCA last month & 1 silent answerphone message (now do they want to talk to him or don't they?)

can i just answer that question? Most call centres today have automated dialling. the software dials a number, and waits until it hears a human voice or an answer phone. it can be configured to hang up on the answer phone.

When the person speaks, the computer checks if someone is available to answer it: if so, it puts a human on the line. If not, then it'll hang up... the proportion of "hangs up" a call centre is allowed to use is quite restricted in the UK.

So a human hasn't been waiting on the line for 8 minutes:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi Under Siege,

I had a great one the other Sunday...received a call early morning from a DCA. " Hello" Can I speak to xxxx. I said "No". The guy said why not? To which I replied because I said so. Oh, Well I need to speak them! They are busy, very very busy. Well I need to speak to them!

Sorry there very busy writing to TS about your company and I can't disturb them at the moment, but don't worry your time of call and your name has been logged and will be added to the letter:D ......he replied sorry & put the phone down

Hi mazel,

I think I will try that one with HFC who constantly ignore my requests to put all correspondence in writing.

Debt Collection Charges

Oooh HFC !! They are on my hit list as we speak !! CCA'd them last week... and sent a separate bog off letter. Seeing as these guys were the absolute worst for trying to get hold of me on the 'phone/texts, etc... despite receiving regular monthly payments.... there's not been a murmer in here since.

They must have thought I had one helluva a social life.... was "out" all the time.... lol :D

HFC are an absolute joke, I have several recorded telephone calls with them.

One of me doing my best Jeremy Paxman impressions, repeatedly asking why they are calling me when I have requested that they do not.

Another of one of their agents confirming that they do not do security checks when they call customers (apparently when a customer confirms their name this is adequate security!!!)

Debt Collection Charges

So a human hasn't been waiting on the line for 8 minutes:)

I beg to differ my friend.

On answering the call, the person on the other end asked to speak to me, i replied, hang on one second, i will go and get him for you.

When i did eventually look at my mobile again, the last call read 8 mins & 10 secs.

Now unless he went off to make a cup of tea, i hope he liked Virgin Radio.

Strangely, they dont call anymore.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

I beg to differ my friend.

On answering the call, the person on the other end asked to speak to me, i replied, hang on one second, i will go and get him for you.

When i did eventually look at my mobile again, the last call read 8 mins & 10 secs.

Now unless he went off to make a cup of tea, i hope he liked Virgin Radio.

Strangely, they dont call anymore.

Oh, poor guy. Tsk.

bwahahaha .... what a nice warm feeling:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Oh, poor guy. Tsk.

bwahahaha .... what a nice warm feeling:)

The call was from Robinson way @ 19.15 on 16 Aug 2007.

I wont be so cruel as to post his name.